Chapter Five- Moving Out

I was in the middle of my breakdown when I heard my phone call. It was nearly 12pm and I noticed Justin's name on the display. I took a deep breath and calmed myself down a little before picking up.

"Hey, Natalie, I couldn't find you anywhere after the show, did you leave early? I'm worried... I knew it was the wrong thing to do leaving you there when I had to go backstage, but I hope you can forgive me. Are you okay?" I took a deep breath once again. "Hey Justin, I'm so sorry I left early. I felt really sick after all those appetizers and I really wanted to go home. I'm sorry, the show was great, and I totally understand that you had to help out backstage, really it wasn't a problem."

It seemed like Justin let out a breath of relief. "That's alright, thank you, are you sure you're okay? Do you want me to go over? Really I could-" A tear streamed down my cheek and I had to bite my tongue not to make a sound.

"No, that's alright Justin, I'm just gonna go to bed, I'm really tired. I'll talk to you tomorrow yeah?" Tomorrow... "Yeah, of course, well, talk to you tomorrow then, I guess.  Also, I just wanna say I've had a really great time tonight, you're amazing, Natalie, and I hope you've enjoyed it as much as I did... Anyway, goodnight, love." I said goodnight back and leaned my head against a wall.

What should I do? Damon is in Santorini... But Justin is as well... I knew one thing: I couldn't stay and hide in Greece forever. I needed to leave. Somewhere far away- but why? Why do I have to keep running from Damon? I deserve a happy life, not on the run. He knows I'm alive. Big deal. I bet he already forgot about everything, it's been over 5 years ago. But knowing that my fake life here had come to an end, I didn't have a reason to stay here anymore.

I knew this wasn't the place for me, it was only a place I wanted to stay in in hopes of never seeing anyone I knew. But I can't keep avoiding and running from my past, my problems. I had to be brave for once. So since I'm gonna leave Santorini, why shouldn't I talk with Damon, maybe get closure and then we both would go our separate ways, forgetting about each other for good...

The Next Day

I was supposed to meet Justin at a café for breakfast, and although I was a little late, I made it. We talked a little and I instantly felt better with him. He made me forget about my problems and made me feel like I wasn't alone. We even held hands and drank from the same chocolate milkshake since I liked his better than my strawberry one. But we both knew the fashion show was over, and he had no reason to stay here anymore.

"Natalie... I've been meaning to talk to you about something..." No... He's gonna say it's over, and leave for America, leaving me here alone with nothing but our memories... it already hurt.

"I was actually meaning to ask you, and I know it's last minute... But would you maybe, consider, well, uhm, coming with me? Listen, I've had the best time with you here, you really made my stay in Santorini magical. I don't want us to be over, I'd like to spend every day with you, because you make them so much better, and I've never felt this way before and I really don't want to let you go. I understand it's much to ask for, but if there's a chance you feel this too- could you please at least think about it and let me know?"

Justin wanted me to go with him! To America! And he said he really likes me! I felt so happy at that moment, yet so surprised. I already knew my answer. And I already knew what I had to do. I was gonna leave my flower shop to Maria, I always knew she wanted her own business. I was already packed, and already planning on leaving, so why wouldn't I go with a person that makes me genuinely happy and wants me to come with them?

"Yes Justin, I'd love to come with you."

Damon's POV

I woke up in the hotel room, with yet again a naked Rachel by my side, sleeping peacefully. I don't remember making love yesterday, but then I did get pretty wasted after my encounter with Natalie. Our flight to Toronto was this evening, and I just couldn't stop thinking about her.

Thoughts of her flashed through my mind as well as the headache, and I quickly swallowed two painkillers. What should I do? Should I find her and talk to her? Or just leave it and hope we never meet again? It's been over 5 years and now I don't understand any of this. What happened? I really need to find out. But then I didn't trust myself, to not start having feelings towards her. I had Rachel, and a perfect life. I don't think sacrificing it all for her would seem fair. I decided to clear my mind and take a walk and see what Santorini has to offer. It was still early and I didn't feel like listening to Rachel whining about how I didn't see her walk the catwalk yesterday.

I walked past a lot of shops, and Santorini was pulsing with life this time of the year. I got hungry and wanted ot grab some coffee and breakfast somewhere, but as I wanted to enter a café, I saw her. I couldn't believe my eyes. She was stunning. She has cut her long, warm chestnut hair, and now they were quite short and lighter. She was sitting with Justin, the guy she came with yesterday.

She looked, they both looked, incredibly happy as she laughed constantly at something he said. They even drank from the same milkshake. Then she nodded her head yes to something and Justin's smile was brighter than hers. She looked more happy with him than she was ever with me. With me, she nearly died, and then actually did, or so I thought. I could've never made her so happy as she was now.

I never entered that café. And she never saw me. I headed back and soon me and Rachel drove to the airport for our flight. That evening, we were back in Toronto and back in our own beds. Only it wasn't Rachel that I kept thinking about, it was Natalie, and how in love she looked with Justin. They had something we never did, and never will. And I had no one to blame but me, because I couldn't make her happy five years ago. And it was probably the biggest mistake of my life.

A/N

Damn Damon, did you get some common sense? Or is it just guilt, eating you away?

xoxo, sb12