Chapter Ten- Mistakes and Memories

Preciously...
I threw my other hand around Damon's neck and kissed him. At first he didn't kiss me, but then he pulled my waist towards him and kissed me back. I brushed my hand through his hair and we entered my room...

As we entered my room, his hand was going through my hair, and the other was firmly on my waist. His tongue intertwined with mine as we kissed, just like it used to 6 years ago. He pushed me against a wall and pulled my hair delicately. I let my hands roam freely on his body, but mostly on his chest. I started to unbutton his black shirt as he kissed my neck.

I took off his belt and unzipped his trousers. Then he threw me on the bed and lay on top of me. I didn't want to think about the past, Rachel or Justin... I just wanted to concentrate on here and now, and right now he was so freaking hot...

...

I woke up the next morning with the same hungover headache as always. The curtains were down so at least the sun wasn't bothering me. I looked at Damon sleeping underneath me as I was laying on his naked chest. His hair were all messy and yet he looked so peaceful when he slept. I already started to regret everything. And although I truly hated Rachel, I felt bad for her. Yesterday night was amazing, but it never should have happened.

I saw a bottle of water next to my half empty bottle of wine, and silently got off of Damon, after which I stood up and wrapped myself up in a blanket since I was naked, and drank half of the water at once. I saw my phone under the pillow next to Damon so I slightly got on the bed and reached for it, but as I did, Damon's eyes opened and it was too late.

I looked away and took my phone. I wanted to get up but he took my hand.
"Hey..." he whispered and I couldn't bring myself to take my hand away, it felt so nice as he brushed his thumb against it.
"Natalie..." and suddenly I felt a sharp pain in my heart. This really shouldn't have happened.

"You should go." I said firmly as I looked away from him.
"What?"
"Damon... you're engaged to Rachel. Do you have any idea what we've done? You should leave and forget this ever happened."

"Are you crazy Natalie? How could I ever forget about yesterday? How could I ever forget about you in general? Because I tried, you know... I tried for 5 fucking years and I still haven't. There wasn't a single fucking day where you didn't cross my mind. Do you have any idea how hard it was for me when I found out you're alive? That I buried an empty fucking casket! And yeah, I get that it was my fault but don't ever tell me to 'just forget' because it's impossible to forget someone you loved so much like that-"

"It doesn't change the fact that you cheated on Rachel!"

"Fuck Rachel! I'm ready to drop everything for you. Everything." He was sitting and really angry about this. Then he took a deep breath and looked at me.

"The truth is... I never stopped-"
"Don't say it, Damon." I looked away and my eyes were filled with tears once again.

"Natalie, please-"
"Get out."
"But-"
"NOW!"

...

After I pulled myself together, I decided I couldn't stay here. I packed my bags, took a shower, and got out. I have to go back to Greece. I booked a flight on my phone and called a taxi.

As the driver was putting my suitcase in the back, I got hit my someone and fell on the ground. I felt a sharp pain at the back of my head. Then I saw a man grabbing my handbag which contained my passport, phone, wallet, all my money and so much more. And then he ran off into the city.
"Hey! My bag!" I shouted but he was gone after a few seconds. The driver helped me stand up and I thanked him. He was gone. With no trace of him or my bag. No, no, no, no...

Could this day get any worse?!

Damon

Maybe Natalie is right. Maybe I should really move on. Maybe the past just hurts too much, and there's no hope for us. It didn't work out then, why should it now? I sat on my couch with my head in my hands. The lights were dimmed low, and the view from the high apartment was set on the sunset. Rachel should be here any minute... yet I couldn't stop thinking about Natalie. And the passionate night we've had. But it doesn't matter anymore. Natalie made it clear she never wants anything to do with me. I should concentrate on my own life... and Rachel.

"Hey honey!" There she came, and I stood up before she threw her hands around me.
"Hey babe."
"You won't believe what a wonderful trip we had to Japan!"
I looked at her long, blond hair and her stunning face. Her bright eyes would make any man melt, and all I wanted was to look into them until I wouldn't think about Natalie's anymore.
"I'm sure you did, honey. How about you tell me everything at dinner tonight? I'd like to take you somewhere special." I said stroking her cheek with my thumb. She looked really surprised.
"Well, well, well, since when are you so romantic, babe?" She asked sarcastically and leaned in to kiss me. I kissed her back.
"Be ready at 8?"
"Sure, baby."

Natalie

I am doomed to a lifetime of pain and struggles and bad luck!

I sat on the ground next to the taxi as the driver was taking my suitcase back, I didn't have any money to go to the airport.
I leaned against a wall and started crying. The man took my suitcase out and surprisingly, sat beside me, on the ground.

"You know... it could've happened to anybody." The older man said as he was referring to my bag being stolen,

"Yeah but it happened to me, right when I needed to leave... what am I gonna do now?" I said still sobbing uncontrollably.

"Well, you could go to the police, right?"

"There are millions of people here in New York, I doubt they'd do anything about it!"

"Yeah but you could always try, right? And look, I'm no expert, but I can tell your sobbing isn't only about some pursue, wanna talk about it?"

I looked up at the older man with darker skin and tried to calm myself down.

"I just... I think I'm falling for a person I wanted to get away from, and I always end up on the run, because I'm too afraid to face everything that happened and I always end up alone because of it! I just... I don't know what to think... I'm so fucking lost." I explained as I cried into my hands.

"Look, miss, you can always run from your problems, feelings, people, and the past, but the only way to deal with them is to face them, and that person of yours, maybe you should figure out how you feel about them, and just face him, or her, and say what you feel. Being honest is always the best choice. What happens after depends on them, but at least you said everything you had to. And there are always gonna be problems, and life is gonna keep throwing shit at you, but it's how you react to it that matters. Who cares if you end up alone, if you'll end up stronger than ever before? Maybe you end up alone because you don't need anybody?"

At this point I stopped crying, and just listened to the taxi driver. When he stopped, I couldn't help but to hug him.

"Thank you."

"And keep smiling, that looks much better on you!"

We talked some more but then he had to go back to work. I stood up and got myself together. I straightened my clothes and decided there's no point in pitying myself. I had no money, no phone, nothing. Just a suitcase with all my clothes and shit.

I needed money. And to get money, you have to get a job.

A/N

Hmmm Natalie, how are you going to get out of this mess?

Also, I'm publishing a new mafia book in 2 weeks! and I am so excited!!!! It's a romance and I'm sure you guys will love it! Im gonna make it the best one yet ;)

Kisses,
Sb12