Chapter 17

*Hazel Willaw's POV*

It's been a half hour since I sat on the plane next to my dad. I really don't like my dad, he isn't a hippie, he just dresses like one. He does lots of drugs and drinks. He is just verbally abusive sometimes, he isn't really physically abusive, hopefully he wouldn't ever hit me. He says he would but he never does.
My dad is only okay when he isn't drunk or high.
Right now he's okay cause of not, he wouldn't be allowed on the plane.

I can't believe that summer is ending, school begins in a week. I'm gonna be that one kid who sits in the back, very quiet and awkward.

I sit back in my chair and look out the window, I love having the window seat in a plane, you can see the world move below you. I put my headphones in.

I wonder if we'll live in a decent place. Hopefully it's not one of those trashy places.

-off plane-

I get in the taxi with my dad, he tells the cabbie the directions to the new place.
Being back in Australia is wonderful but I just have no friends here.

I have family here, I'd rather live with them then my dad.. They don't wanna see me though. They thought I killed my mother by being born. I have my grandma's number, maybe I'll talk to her. I haven't seen her since I was like 10 though, that was 6 years ago. Hopefully she hasn't changed her number.

When the cabbie soon stops in a neighbourhood that looks horrible. The apartment looks bad, why would he pick this out? Oh wait because druggies and alcoholics can't afford anything but drugs and stuff.

We get into the apartment. I drop my things by the door and hurry to find the washroom. I'm seriously gonna throw up.
I find the washroom, I slam the door shut and sit on the floor crying. I'm phoning my grandma.

I find her number in my phone and press call "hello" I hear a voice

"i-is this A-Amelia F-forest?" I try to stop my crying. Amelia Forest is my grandmas name.

"yeah, who's this?" she ask

"Hazel Forest" I aver

"Hazel Forest....?" she ask

"yeah" I say

"Hazel Willaw Forest?" she ask

"yeah... Your daughters daughter.. I'm your grandchild" I try to explain

"why are you calling?.." she questions

"I-I.... I'm sorry about mum... Or your daughter.. I really am.. I didn't mean to hurt her" I apologise

"it's okay.. I'm over that now" she says

"I'm back in Australia with dad.... He's only came for a new drug dealer.. I can't be around him.." I say

"you wanna come here?" she questions

"yes! I mean.. If its okay with you.." I sigh

"yes it's perfect... I'm so excited to meet you again! Your grandfather.... He. Past last year" she says

"oh.... I'm so very sorry" I say

"it's okay... I live with my other daughter... Your mother had a twin" she says

"Oh my god! Does she look like my mum?" I ask

"yes, very much... I can't wait to see how similar you look to your mother" she says

I smile.. I can't wait to meet my mums twin, she would my Aunt.
I've never seen what my mother looks like, not even in a picture. "can I get your address?" I ask