Chapter 1 - Hospital Visits

After an accident a few weeks ago Josh was hospitalized leaving his vacation plans a little in the distance. He was busy recovering from the hospital while the last thing on his mind was his parents. Being 19 and on your father's medical aid was very fortunate for him due to the hospital bills he would have to pay. Hearing the door opening he saw a blue-eyed blonde coming into the hospital room.

"Maya," Josh said.

"Bad time?" she asked as he shook his head.

"No, come in. What are you doing here?" Josh asked as Maya grabbed a chair sitting down next to him.

"Your brother called asking ms to check in on you. To say the truth I was actually just glad to get out of the house. A lot of pregnancy hormones has been going around the Hunter household the last few weeks and I thought I would go and do something. This is anyway a lot more productive and meaningful. How are you feeling?" Maya asked as Josh smiled at her.

"I'm doing good. Somehow I don't know why my brother phoned you but that's okay. How is your mom and Shawn?" Josh asked.

After the Matthews announced that they were going to live in London, Shawn decided to adopt Maya. Weeks after that Katy told the news that she was pregnant and recently they found out it was going to be a little baby girl looking for names for that precious human being. But ever since that day nearly six months ago Maya and Josh didn't have any contact at all. But when Cory sent Maya a message at 5am she thought she would break the ice between the two of them and actually check up on him.

"They're good. At this stage I think I'm going to have a sister named Tinkerbell if they can't decide on a proper one but they're good," Maya said.

"And you? How has the first two years of high school been treating you?" Josh asked as Maya smiled.

"Good. Nervous about the next year but that will take care of itself. I don't know if you're aware of it but I'm now working at Topanga's," Maya said.

"Really? That's nice. How did it happen?" Josh asked.

Hearing her talking made his day. Josh and Maya were very little only in each other's company but the few times that it truly did happen sparks flew. Josh felt like he was talking to a girl who truly understood what he was going through most of the time with things at NYU and at home while Maya felt like Josh understood her like nobody else could. Their feelings were pushed aside for now but every now and then they popped up when it was most needed. Smiling as Josh was busy telling her about an experience at NYU Maya felt her phone vibrating as she looked at the message.

"Gotta go?" Josh asked.

"My mom wants me to go and get some things from the grocery store. She's been having a hard pregnancy and not even going to work a lot. The doctor put her on bed rest actually," Maya said.

"When is the baby due?" Josh asked.

"Eight weeks," Maya said.

"So soon enough you'll have a sister. It's fine. Go," Josh said.

"Can I give you a hug?" Maya asked as Josh smiled with her being considered.

"Yeah of course," Josh said as Maya got up hugging him.

"I'll come by again tomorrow. Bye," Maya said as she left the room.

"Bye, Maya," Josh said leaning against his bed allowing his own heart to stop racing.