Chapter 22 - Labor

Maya had exhaled as she was laying in a hospital bed while her boyfriend was busy making calls to everyone. Maya had went into labor early the morning of June, 28th, and to her surprise she didn't know what to do. Maya and Josh had been preparing for the birth for months now and yet she didn't know what to do when it came to the day.

"Maya, it's going to be okay. Just breath," Josh said as he got hold of his mother.

"Mom, hi. How fast can you and Dad get to the Greenwich Medical Center? Yeah, it's time," Josh said as Maya took a deep breath feeling a contraction.

"Okay, we'll see you guys soon. How you holding up?" Josh asked as he had looked at Maya.

"This kid is annoying," Maya said as Josh smiled.

"I heard that one various times," Josh said.

"I really wish Riley was here right now," Maya said as Josh had nodded.

"I know. I know you do. But we need to get through this," Josh said as Maya had smiled.

"Yeah," Maya said as a doctor came into the ward.

"A nurse is on her way to quickly do some breathing exercises with you guys, and then we are pushing you into the delivery room. We'll see you in there," he said as he was off and Maya looked at her boyfriend.

"Is this it?" Maya asked as Josh nodded.

"Soon we will see our little girl. Soon," Josh said.

Delivery. One of the many things that had Maya absolutely terrified yet she didn't prepare much. She was still in high school and she didn't know what to expect. But when it came to pushing and delivering the baby, she was okay. Maya had looked at Josh, who was holding her hand, as she was pushing. They heard screaming and crying as the doctor laid a baby on Maya's chest. Tears had appeared in both Maya and Josh's eyes as they had looked at their daughter while they were cleaning her up.

"Hello, Baby Girl," Maya said as she had smiled.

"Does baby girl have a name?" the doctor asked.

"Aurora Sage Matthews," Maya said as she looked at Josh.

"Hi, Aurora. Welcome to the world," Josh said.