Chapter 11 - Scans

Maya exhaled as she looked at the scan in her hand that was taken just days ago. It was Riley's birth week and she was 8 weeks pregnant with her first child conceived by Josh who she never thought she would ever stand a chance with. She shook her head smiling as she looked how Josh was busy with some college work.

"You're lucky you don't have any major college things. Good grieve," Josh said as Maya smiled walking towards him.

"Don't worry, Boing. Before you know it will be summer," Maya said.

"And before we know if will be July, 21st, and our first child will be here. That's insane," Josh said as he smiled feeling Maya's arms wrapping around his neck.

"I want to tell my parents as soon as possible. Shawn is already going to kill us when we tell him," Maya said.

"Okay. We can do it tomorrow," Josh said as Maya nodded.

"Can't believe a whole life is growing inside me," Maya said as Josh took Maya's hand leading her away from the chair as she sat down on his lap.

"I know you're scared. I know that. But I also want you to know I'm not going to give up that easily. I'll fight for you and this baby. Regardless our age difference," Josh said as Maya smiled.

"I know you will. I know you will fight. Which is why I'm so scared for the person who dares to do or say anything about this pregnancy," Maya said as Josh smiled.

"I love you, Maya Hunter," Josh said.

"And I love you, Josh Matthews. Always," Maya said as Josh gave her a soft kiss.