Chapter 8 - Weekend Plans

Maya exhales as she looks how Phoebe was fast asleep in her arms. The one month old has definitely been driving both Katy and Shawn insane and to get some time alone with Josh, Maya had decided that she would babysit her little sister while her parents were out for the night. But then Josh had agreed to babysit with her.

"Know what I thought of the other day?" Maya asked as she laid Phoebe down sitting next to Josh.

"I thought 'where are we'. And it hit me," Maya said as Josh looked at her.

"What hit you?" Josh asked.

"There's a 'we'. An us. I never imagined there would be," Maya said.

Josh smiled at Maya throwing his arm around her shoulders as she laid her head down on his chest. The two of them were slowly getting closer and closer and Maya was actually starting to think that there would be something more than just a fling between the two of them. But then as well, she doesn't really know what can happen.

"This weekend, what are you doing?" Josh asked as Maya smiled looking at him.

"Nothing actually. Why?" Maya asked as Josh looked at him.

"I was thinking of going down to Philly and maybe you would want to join. My father has been asking about you a lot and my mother won't mind me bringing a girl. I'm leaving tomorrow and staying until Sunday. Ask your parents then you can let me know," Josh said.

"I will. Sounds really nice actually," Maya said.

"Okay," Josh said.

Maya smiled as she looked how Katy was busy with little Phoebe while Shawn was doing the dishes. Of course she was postponing to actually tell them about Josh's plans but she also knew she had to talk to them.

"Mom, Dad I need a favor," Maya said as her parents looked at her.

"No. You can't dye your hair. Blonde hair looks beautiful on you," Shawn said as Maya smiled.

"No, Daddy. Not that. Josh was thinking of going away the weekend and wants to know if I can come with," Maya said.

"Depends," Shawn said.

"We're going to Philadelphia to his parents," Maya said.

"Of course. I don't see why not. Alan and Amy are responsible people and I bet you will have an amazing time there. Yes, you can go," Shawn said.

"Thank you. Me and Josh are slowly figuring out what we are and I think after the weekend we'll have a good idea about what we really are. Think he wants to see his parents reaction first and then we'll talk about making it official," Maya said.

"I don't have a problem. Just enjoy yourself," Shawn said.