Chapter 20 - Godfather

"So why did you not go home last week? It was Easter weekend and yet you're still here. And usually you go to Austin when you have some kind of break like this," Maya said as she and Lucas sat in the cafe drinking smoothies.

"My father and grandfather are having an argument again. So he decided that it would be best to not go. Why did you want to see me? Guess you didn't ask me to come on a Saturday for nothing," Lucas said as he picked up his smoothie.

"I'm 25 weeks pregnant and Josh is preparing our nursery for Aurora and everything. We have even asked Jasmine at NYU to be her godmother. But I never did get the opportunity to ask you if you would be her godfather. So I'm doing it now," Maya said.

"Me?" Lucas asked shocked.

"You're one of my friends who has stood by me through almost everything so yeah. I want you to be Aurora's godfather," Maya said.

"Of course I will. Maya this is the biggest privilege I've ever had. And I promise I won't mess it up," Lucas said.

"I know you won't, Huckleberry," Maya said as the rest of the gang had joined them.

Maya had looked at everyone and how their group had now expanded. It wasn't just Maya, Farkle, Lucas, Zay and Smackle anymore. Zay's girlfriend Madison and Lucas's girlfriend, Alexis, had joined their group and suddenly they were 7 and occasionally 8 when Josh had decided to join in with the activities.

"Maya, where's Josh today?" Alexis asked.

"Busy with the nursery," Maya said.