Chapter 3 - More Than Necessary

Before I forget thank you so much to BoingxGorgeous for the amazing cover!

Maya woke up looking at her now newly transformed room as she smiled. It was summer. One of the most enjoyable times of the year. She didn't have school. Didn't have to wake up super early and she was able to do what she wants. For her that day was something actually waiting for her. Getting dressed she immediately went to the kitchen as she grabbed her car keys heading out of the house. Knowing her mother and Shawn had an early appointment for the baby she didn't bother to let anyone know as she jumped into her car driving to the hospital. Feeling like she needed to do more than she was, she headed into the hospital going into Josh's room seeing the doctor with him.

"Don't tell me my brother called," Josh said as Maya smiled.

"No, he didn't."

"Miss Hart, nice to see you again. Hopefully just visiting," he said.

"Doctor Smith, good morning. Yeah this is just a visit," Maya said.

"Good to hear. You look good, Joshua. One of these days we'll have you home. I'll see you later. Take care, Maya," he said as he was gone.

Smiling Maya sat down next to Josh as he looked at her while she knew why he was looking at her.

"I was in the hospital a lot when I was younger," Maya said.

"Why?" Josh asked.

"A lot of reasons. How are you feeling?" Maya asked as Josh looked at her.

"You're ignoring the question. Why did you spend a lot of time here?" Josh asked as Maya exhaled putting her handbag down as she looked at Josh.

"Because I was really sick. If I didn't have pneumonia, I was fainting a lot and then I needed a few IV's. It wasn't that big of a deal. I'm okay now. It's nothing serious," Maya said as Josh exhaled.

"Are you sure it's okay for you to be here then if you are sick?" Josh asked as Maya smiled.

"I had a lack of iron which caused medical troubles. But that doesn't mean I still have it. Trust me. I'm taking care of myself. But someone also needs to take care of you," Maya said.

"You're doing more than necessary," Josh said.

"I'm doing whatever I need to do and right now to stop myself from going insane in that apartment I need to get out of it. I promise you're not wasting my time. I'm here because I want to be here," Maya said.

"Okay then. As long as you're okay," Josh said.

"I'm fine," Maya said.