Chapter 4 - Going Home

Josh smiled as he watched how Maya was busy packing his stuff. Going back home was a big deal to him since he's been in the hospital for weeks already so he was excited. Maya on the other side was nervous about him being home by himself. Constantly trying to tell her he has friends who will make sure he's okay he didn't get out of an arrangement that she would see him every day or every other day.

"Looks like the Matthews rubs off on someone," Josh said as Maya smiled.

"Nothing about being a Matthew. I was worried and I had every reason. Besides, Cory would have nagged forever if I didn't come and at least saw how you truly were," Maya said as Josh smiled.

"Nothing about my brother. I didn't realize it before but now I am. I'm extremely lucky to have someone care about me while my parents and siblings are far away," Josh said.

"Your parents are a phone call away," Maya said.

"Not actually," Josh said as he took maya's hand causing her to smile and to sit down next to Josh.

"Thank you, Maya. For everything you've done for me the last week. I appreciate it and I don't know what I would do without you," Josh said as Maya smiled.

"You would have been fine and I know that. I know that you know that. But thanks for the compliment," Maya said.

"I'm not saying it because of a compliment," Josh said as Maya looked at him.

Smiling she felt his hand against her cheek as he leaned forward placing a soft kiss on her lips pulling away. Looking in his eyes she exhaled as she got the last of his things.

"Maya," Josh said as Maya exhaled looking at him as she got a wheelchair closer.

"It's okay. Let's go. Let's get you home," Maya said.

"Okay," Josh said.

Back at home Maya plopped down on her bed looking at old pictures of her and Riley while she slowly moved to a folder with pictures of her and Josh. She was so young a few years ago but now she clearly wasn't as naive as she used to be. Hearing how her mother came through the apartment she wen to the living room helping her with some of the bags.

"Thanks, Hun. I don't know why but Phoebe is lately making it harder to walk or something," Katy said as she sat down while Maya started to unpack.

"She's dropping. It's normal with pregnancy. Especially this late. You're like 33 weeks along. She's coming soon. What have you heard from Dad? Enjoying his last shoot before Phoenix gets here?" Maya asked.

Trying not to go away too much Shawn arranged a last shoot as he knew it would be close to the due date. But as Maya had promised her father she was very more involved with the house chores and helping her mother in any other way. But lately her attention has been at a different place. One where she didn't know where to get rid of it or lose all interest in.

"When is your next shift? Tomorrow?" Katy asked as Maya gave her a cup of tea.

"Yeah. I'm going in kinds early," Maya said.