Crashing at Point Rain

Cheif stood in the hanger with the clones. He checked his gear one last time. 2 smgs on his sides. 1 battle rifle on his back. Combat knife on his chest. 1 magnum on his thigh. 2 C12 charges on his lower back. 2 fragmentation grenades above a smg. "A three pronged assault?" Chief asked Cortana.

"Yes. With generals leading each attack."

"Then we attack a shield generator with combined assault. Seems easy enough."

"I don't think so Chief. There is a lot of chatter planet side, and it's not in english or binary, but in clicks. Sounds like a bug."

Chief scoffs, "We've fought enemies like that before."

A holographic image of of Genosian appears on Chief's hud. "Kinda. This one has sub sonic weaponry. It won't matter how good your shields are if your thrown around like a doll."

"They're just like drones."

"In more way than one."
_____________
"We will be approaching from the south side." Captain Rex said to the clones. Chief wasn't paying to much to the briefing for he already heard it thanks to Cortana. He was just waiting for the green light. "Move out!" Rex said firmly to his men.

Chief saluted and went to the LAAT he was required to be in. He sees the clones ready and dying to get moving. "Reminds me of the good ole days." Cortana said.

"You mean during the war? I don't remember anything good from that."

"Always the serious one."

Once inside the LAAT Chief realizes he isn't meant for it. He crouches down slightly as the inside is too small for him to stand normaly. The doors close when all the clones are in and they take off.
As soon as they exit the hanger flak and enemy fighters start pounding outside. Chief stands firm and hopes for a smooth landing. He can barely see outside as more transports start falling in balls of fire. He sees a fighter coming right for the ship he's in. "BRACE!" He yells out as a blaster bolt hits the ship. The ship shakes from the hit and continues to shake, trying to keep itself level. "What's the damage?" Chief asks Cortana.

"The ship is stable but the polite lost altitude controls." Chief curses as he can tell they are about to overshoot their landing point. "What's worse I'm getting word every Generals ship is now down."

Every clone inside hold as tightly as they can.

Another hit causes the ship to now plummet to the dirt. "Brace yourself." Cortana yells before the world goes dark for Chief.
.
.
.
"Chief?
.
.
Chief can you hear me?"
.
.
Chief jumps up as he wakes up. "Who's alive?" The first thing he asks.

"Sorry Chief. I don't think anyone survived this." He sees the LAAT is on its side with dents all over the walls. The clones bodies mangled with bits of the metal. "Your suit is fully functioning, no problems there. You have bits of internal damage but otherwise you are fine."
Chief crawls outside to see the red sand stretching for miles. The battle for the landing point is blocked by a column of smoke and fire. Multiple enemy speeders and tanks race for the point. The shied generator is closer, luckily. "If we were to attack the shield, we could spilt the forces and have them engage us."

Chief checks his weapons and ammo. "Then let's move out." He sprints in break neck speed across the battlefield. He targets a tank heading away from him and going for the landing site. In no time he catches up to it jumps on top.

"What the-" The droid said before Chief grabs it and throws it out. He jumps in and breaks the neck of the other droid. He takes control of the tank and starts driving to the shield generator. Multiple speeders go right by, "Guess they don't care for us." Cortana comments.

"Then let's change that." Chief punches it at the wall of the shield. He sees multiple cannon and gun emplacements on the shield generator. Chief exits the tank and takes out his smgs. He bolts through the shield and fires at the flying bugs. The guns turn and Chief starts jumping side to side to throw them off. It rains with a mix of cannon, bolts, and sonic fire. Bugs start flying all around him. He hits the wall of the generator and now only the bugs can hit him. He fires two mags into whatever enemy he sees. As soon as he's out he runs forward to look at the guns behind him. He grabs his two C12 charges and throws them at the guns and retreats back to his tank beyond the shield wall. He blows the charges and any gun explodes in a show of fire. "Nice one Chief." Cortana says excitedly. "Comms are going crazy about you. Their forces are retreating back here."

Chief smirks under his helmet. He reaches the top of the tank. He sees a few dozen tanks turning to face him about a few miles out. Chief gets inside the tank and moves in the shield. He gets on the main cannon and starts firing at the generator. Bugs start swarming the tank and droids approaching. He gets the final shot off that successfully destroyes the generator before the tank is disabled. He opens the top of the hatch and jumps out firing at the surrounding bugs. He lands on the ground and runs away from the approaching tanks. He sees speeders approaching fast. He digs his feet into the dirt and turns around. He grabs the speeder and kicks the bug out. "Just like back home, Chief."
Chief speeds off as speeders give chase. He grabs his smg and fires at the oncoming bikes. He hits one but the concentrated fire disables the bike. Chief leaps foward as the bike crashes. He makes for the bike and uses it as cover. He grabs his battle rife and lights up anything pursuing him. With precision he kills any Genosian on a bike and any droid that follows along with every flyer he sees. The only thing left is the tanks. "Uh, Chief. I see about a dozen tanks, but I'm detecting more on the way." Chief takes a deep breath. He started to think of the different ways to approach this before hearing the roar of bombers. He looks up to see Y-wing bombers flying over head. "Guess you're still lucky." Cortana says. The bombers wipe out the tanks coming for Chief. "Chief, I'm getting word from one of the Generals."

"Master Chief." Anakin says through the comms, "Are you alright?"

"Yes sir." Chief says calmly.

"Well, thanks to you the 212th were able to defend against a smaller force and hold put with more tanks, but by the look of things, we won't need them for the shield generator. We're moving to clean up what's left but it looks like the Genosians are already surrendering."

"Well, we did most of the work." Cortana said in a sassy tone, "That's how it is normaly."
________________
Chief reunites with the injured Generals. Two of which are leaving to be healed but Anakin is staying. "How did you even manage all of that by yourself?" He asks surprised. "Not even a scratch."

"That's not entirely true." Cortana says.
"I have small injuries but I can still fight just as fine."

"I'll be the judge of that." Anakin says signaling a medic to check him out.
The medic scans him for a moment and is slient for what he sees, "You have minor fractures in your ribs, arms, and your left leg. Not to even the damage to your organs. I'm surprised you are able to fight."

Anakin looks at the results. "You sure this is right?" Chief agrees with the medic as well, "Well, if you say you can still fight, then be ready for the next step. We'll be engaging the droid factory soon."