Close Rescue

Trapped. With the first plan now impossible, the Jedi Generals now have to use their last plan in hopes to getting the information about the secret hyperspace routes back to Republic forces.
_____________
Everyone was cautiously walking across the rough and dangerous terrain that surround the Citadel.
Rex calls out, "We're clear!" Now they can take a moment to think.

"What's our next move?" Ahsoka asked.

Anakin turned on his heel to look at everyone, "We're going to have to fight our way off this rock."

"Contact the Council." Obi-wan said. "See when they plan to rescue us."

Even Piell wanted to talk with them again saying, "I'll handle it." And turned to R2D2.

As the Jedi master talked with the council, the Chief stayed a few yards away with the clones, spread out in cover. They were waiting and looking for any droid to show up. Cortana was keeping track of any chatter that may seem useful. So far nothing. They already know they're being tracked so that's useless. Cortana sighed and checked on the suit's systems. "Your shields are still down. So we'll have to be careful...Chief?"

Chief flinched but it was so subtle you couldn't tell. "Yes? Oh right. I'll be fine. Just need to finish the mission."

Cortana was quiet for a moment. She was about to say something but then a squad of commando driods showed up. Everyone started to fire while retreating back to the Generals. As they moved back Fives threw a grenade and jumped over to everyone as it exploded, caving in the squad of commandos.
"No doubt there's more on the way." Obi-wan said as they were clear and started to move out to the extraction point.

Along the way Cortana intercepted comm chatter from Dooku and commander Sobeck. Dooku reminded him just how important the information is that Even Piell is holding. Cortana smirked a little, being able to tell the commander is getting frustrated. It reminded Cortana how the Covenant high command were sometimes.

Everyone continued to run along a cliff until they stopped because of a 30 foot drop right in front of them. Right as they stopped crab droids and multiple B1 battle droids started to charge right in.

Ahsoka yelled out, "They're boxing us in!"

Chief layed down suppressing fire to the B1s, nailing a few of them in the head. He looked back at everyone, "Get down the cliff! I'll hold them off!"

Anakin looked at R2. "We need your driods to help the Chief for as long as possible."

The small driod made a few whistles and beeps before he looked at his driods, making similar sounds at them.

The driod he was talking to nodded, "We understood sir! We will help him as long as possible. Prepare for attack! It was an honor to serve under you sir."

As the Chief stayed near the drop, the driods charged forward, getting destroyed within a few seconds. "They weren't any help." Cortana commented.

Chief shot the head off of two crab driods before he got hit in the arm and side a few times by some commando driods. He quickly switched his fire at them before he looked down the drop. Once everyone was on solid ground again he jumped down and rolled forward and ran to Anakin who was at a hole where everyone else went into. Chief went into the hole and followed everyone else.
They were able to breath once again.

After a moment they walked next to a large river of what looked like to be lava or some kind of heated sludge. Chief was behind everyone so that he could look over everyone and cover their behind. He felt along his new wounds that he received. He's had worse but it still stung. "Your armor took most of the hits." Cortana said. "These blaster bolts are nothing compared to the plasma weapons we used to face against."