We had to Share the Rock

Chief clashed with the lightsaber wielding droid. Chief's energy sword started to fail as he attacked and blocked the longer the battle went. He knew he had to finish the fight soon. Chief used the gap between the sword to catch the saber and then pulled it to the side to catch it off balance, and then a solid kick to the droid shattered it to peices.

The Spartan took a moment to look at his work. He turned to the sound of clapping coming from Anakin Skywalker. "General." Chief said with a salute.

The General chuckles, "At ease Chief. I see your training yet again. That's the fourth one you've broken today."

"Sorry sir. I see that if our enemy is using lightsabers, then I should be ready. I deemed it necessary for me to go all out in training."

Anakin nods, "Then by all mean, go right ahead, but before you do, I wanted to ask you something." He said with a smirk, "Your weapons are very different from ours. I was wondering if I could get a look at them, considering how we moved your ship to Republic space and your entire armory is here."

Chief nods, "Yes sir."

Chief leads Anakin to the firing range. "Don't try and show off too much." Cortana snorts.

Chief chuckles, "Like you?"

"Was that a chuckle I heard?" Anakin asks. "Never thought I would hear you be humored by something."

Chief tightened up his stance and stride, "Sorry sir."

Anakin rolls his eyes in amusement, "Come on Chief. Even Rex isn't this uptight all the time. Relax a bit."

The Spartan wasn't used to Commanders being so lax with everything. With his standing General, Chief has felt a little strange sense of nostalgic. Skywalker reminds him of Captain Keyes. Both keep a calm outlook in the battle, despite what's happening. Both can think of a new, strange strategy that can beat any odds. He respected Keyes and is starting to respect Skywalker. Chief goes to a calmer pace, even if no one can notice.

Chief lays out one of every weapon he has. Every UNSC and few Covenant weapons. "Which weapon do you want to see first?"

Anakin held an assault rifle. "I've seen you carry this slug thrower the most. Care to show me a thing or two?"

The Jedi handed him the gun. Chief looked down range and aimed at the targets that popped up. He squeezed the trigger and shredded the targets. After he ripped through the magazine he dropped it and loaded in a new one but held fire as he saw there being no more targets. He looked at Anakin, "Want to try?"

"Gladly." He says with a small chuckle. As Anakin is handed the rifle he almost drops it, "Bulkier then I thought." He looks down the range to see the new set of targets. He squeezes the trigger but quickly let's go after a short burst. He laughs, "Should've warned me about the kick."

"He's enjoying himself." Cortana says.

Anakin burst fires a few times down range and nods in agreement, "I can see why you like this so much." He hands back to him, "Now show me something that's has a bit more, power in it."

Chief sliently smirks, "You and me both know what to give him." Cortana says playfully. Chief grabs the sniper rifle.

Anakin fires a shot. Anakin shakes his head, "Only weapons that are this loud are tanks."

"That rifle could take on tanks with the right ammunition." Chief says.

Anakin takes out the magazine and lays the sniper back with the other weapons. He takes out a bullet from the mag. "I've heard about it. Multiple different types of slugs, all for the same purpose." He examines it.

"Slug is a type of shotgun shell. Bullet is what you're holding. That is an AP round or armor piercing."

Anakin puts the bullet back in the mag and examine the more Covenant weapons, "We're used to something simpler. Don't have to worry about what kind of "bullet" or anything like that. Just simple lazer bolts.

Chief picks up plasma rifle and fries a few shots at a target. The target boils and melts from the plasma. "Your weapons aren't so deadly."

Anakin whistles, "You can say that again." He chuckles, "And that makes five now. We're going to have to resupply on training targets."

"Sorry again sir."

"It's fine. You can repay me by marking some coordinates for me."

The AI was skeptical about what she heard, "It's not that simple. There's something else, isn't there?"
"Why are these coordinates so important?"

"Oh. It's nothing really important. Just suspicious scrappers near the sector that you showed up at near Ryloth. Supposedly they found scrap that's very similar to what you've told us."

"What?" Chief said surprised. "You mean?"

"Yes. Parts of ships that match your ships blueprints, and even some that match Covenant ships."

"He's right." Cortana interrupts, "Reports show they're a little too similar to UNSC Amber Clads and Covenant ships. Seems like we're going on a scrap run."

"So are we bringing the whole fleet? Seems a little excessive if we do."

Anakin chuckles, "Nah. We have orders that the entire 501st and 212th move close to Kamino. Reports of the droid army might be moving on Kamino. My plan is-"
"Since Chief isn't actually in your army and is more classified as like a mercenary you want him to investigate for you." The AI said through the helmet.

Anakin blinked a few times, "Well... yeah. You can take the Twilight and go there. The location is already in the ship."

Chief extended his hand out, "Thank you. I owe you one."

The Jedi chuckled and shook his hand, "You shouldn't be thanking me. I didn't do the investigating. I only let you be able to mark it for us."

"Let's find out who to thank later. I would rather we get as much as we can before scrappers sell it for as much as a glass of milk."

Chief nodded, "When can I leave?"

Anakin signaled to leave, "When ever you can."

Chief nodded and started to run to the hanger. "Thank you."
_______________
"Everything will be forgiven if you secure the area."

"Heh. That's it? That not very profitable in my opinion. How about some spice to go with forgiveness eh?"

"How about I don't send my Generals down to your pathetic base and destroy it?"

"...That's sounds good enough for me."

"And keep it small. If the Republic find out-"

"Yeahyeahyeah. I get it, whatever. I'll call you when I get what you want."

"You better not-"
.
.
.
"Captain. What if the Republic does-"

"Don't worry my worried crewmate. The friendship the Kenobi is enough for us to get into Republic space. Just watch."