Been through worse

Cortana sat down and starred at her old friend. She heard the beeping of medical machines around her, thinking. She listened to any messages being sent around, thinking. Waiting for her friend to wake up, thinking. Thinking about everything that's happened, thinking. Thinking.
Thinking.
THINKING!

"How is he?"

Cortana blinks and looks to see Anakin with his signature smile. "Oh, so far nothing. He's been like that for a few days now. His organs are repaired and any injuries he took have been healed."

Anakin sighed and leaned on a wall and looked Chief. "I'm sorry that you've seen him like this. He'll get through this."

"I know." Cortana said as soon as Anakin said that. "I know that more then anyone. He's been through worse. Much worse."

Anakin chuckled and looked at his right arm and looked back at Cortana. "Well on the brightside his armor is fixed and upgraded."

"I already have the list of upgrades." Cortana said with a small smirk. "He's not going to like the color."

Anakin looked at her a little confused. "How? We never sent any to you."

"You didn't but messages were sent to Kamino and a few other places."

Anakin sighed. "With your skills how come we haven't found any secrets of the Separatist?"

"Because so many messages and signals are being sent constantly. The net couldn't be this jumbled back in our galaxy."

Anakin sits near Cortana. "You don't talk much about your galaxy and the war you fought in."

She scoffed. "That's because HE doesn't like talking much. Sometimes. He actually talks a lot more to other Spartans. They're his family in the sense of how other jedi are like your family."

Anakin nodded and listened to Cortana. He's been interested in them for so long now. This was one of the few opportunities he had to know more about them. "So which war was worse? Ours or yours?"

"Ours by a long shot. In your war, politicians talk about how they're losing resources and are going into debt. How so many citizens are losing power in their homes, prices are going up. In our war, entire populations were being glassed. It was a war for the survival of humanity. There was no other goal then to survive for a bit longer. And now we don't know if we even won or not. Well I know we won. I just wish I could have seen it."

Anakin nodded slowly. "I'm sorry to hear that. Maybe soon we could send you back, have you and Chief see your victory."

Cortana hummed and looked up at him. "Thank you. But we still have a job to do here first. Which any word from the large scrap yard being constructed?"

Anakin smirked. "It's being made don't worry. We're still getting a few slipspace signals from everywhere but never know where it's at or from who."

"The remnants might be trying to take whatever they can without being spotted. They'll be rading Republic and Separatist alike and won't side with anyone. What about the Engineer? Have you made the translator for him yet?"

"No. He made himself one. While also fixing a few different things in the process and somehow still had extra parts. But also he goes Springy."

"Their name relates to how they float. Keep him happy and on any ship you need repairs or want an upgrade. Like your Twlight."

Anakin playfully looked offended. "I'll have you know the Twilight is one of the most reliable ships in the galaxy. But I'll keep your word in case."
.
.
.
A few weeks pass and Chief finally opens his eyes. He quickly sits up and looks around in a small panic.
"Chief its ok! Calm down." Cortana said talking to him. "You're in the Republic hospital in Coruscant."

Chief took a breath and layed back down. "What happened?"

"Well you were stabbed in the stomach. All of your injuries and damaged organs were healed, again. The mission was kinda successful. The only problem is, Admiral Tarkin will only give his information to the Chancellor and Ahsoka will only give her information to the Jedi Council."

Chief scrunched his face a little as he thought about this. This never happened during the war. Every single bit of information that could win them the war was given out without a second thought. And yet here, politics are getting in the way. "So what now?"

"I've already called a nurse to come get you and Anakin." Cortana said with a smile. "There's already a mission for you. And new armor."
.
.
.
Anakin escorted Chief to the armory. "Don't worry I got it the same green color that you like."

"Because she told you." The unarmored spartan said.

"Yes she did. She said you wanted your armor green."

"That would be preferred but if you need me to have another color then I will."

Anakin smirked at him. "It's your armor so you can choose the color. Speaking of which." They go through another set of doors to show Chief's suit of armor but it looked smoother like clone armor. The arms looks like there was something attached to it. "You're improved set of armor."

Master Chief  walked up to the armor and grabbed his helmet.
Anakin walked next to him, "Along with your systems being fixed, your visor has a fee different modes to it like night vision, thermal, and better zoom. You have your normal shields and clone commando shields as well. It's just a small boost to your existing shield. And you have a grappling hook attachment on your arm and a hidden knife attachment on the other arm as well."

Chief smirked and looked back at Anakin, still holding his helmet. "I'm guessing this was expensive."

"Actually no. This was actually pretty cheap."

Chief nodded. He grabbed more of his armor before he started to put it on.
.
.
.
Chief was running through a small course as he was getting a feel for the new armor and upgrades. "I'm green to go sir." He said saluting at Anakin.

Anakin nodded. "I know you are but you have to know something. For any mission you're with the 501st or any regiment, you're automatically supposed to engage in how you see fit. We won't even give you direct orders unless necessary."

"Just like how we usually work." Cortana said in his helmet. "New armor. More freedom."

"My luck is back." Chief said with a small smirk.