Giving it a rest

Chief pulled the last crate onto the Twilight. He opened it up too make sure it had what he was collecting. The crate was filled with dog tags and helmet video chips. Chief took a few random video chips before sitting down and putting coordinates for Republic space. As they view was filled with blue from hyperspace, Chief put in a video chip to see what happened.
.
.
.
"That's when I saw the grunt pull out a doll as he begged for forgiveness."

"What did you do?"

"I blew its head off."

"The doll or the grunt?"

"Actually I blew the head off of a nearby rat-Of course I blew the grunt's head off. Why would I shoot the doll?"

"That's why I was asking you dumbass."

"You're the dumbass for thinking I shot a doll and not the enemy."
.
.
.
Marines were all lined up at attention. One marine stomped in front of them with a familiar cap on their head. "Men!" He barked at them, "We let those dumb aliens all the way out here because the Navy don't know what their doing so we Greenhorns have to clean up their mess and whatever mess the alien bastards are making. Now we're going to clean up this mess by hosing down the enemy with bullets and using their bones to scrub away anything left! Am I right Marines?"

"Yes sir Sargent!"

Sound of door open as Sargent Johnson yells out, "What the Hell is going on here?"

"It's Johnson!" A Marine yells before everyone starts running in different directions

"When I get my hat back, I'm grabbing all of your neck!" Johnson yelled.
.
.
.
J

ohnson had everyone lined up, "My name is Sargent Avery shove my boot up your ass Johnson and if you think you can do some stupid shit like that again, well then I'll have to show you how I got my name."
.
.
.
___________
Chief kept looking through a few more videos before Cortana spoke up, "Hey, you alive in there? I just got word that Kamino is about to be attacked. You should guess what the plan is for this one." The Spartan kept still and didn't hear what was said, "Chief!"

Chief snapped his attention to her, "What is it? Covenant?"

Cortana stared at him worriedly, "Chief. Are you doing alright? You haven't moved much sense you started watching those helmet recordings."

"...I'm fine." He said with no emotion in his voice.

Cortana took a deep sigh, "You're a soldier, but still human. I think you need a little break from everything."

"Not until the mission is completed."

"You know the mission will keep changing and never get completed. Just take a break from fighting at least. Maybe you can find something to do that isn't fighting or training to be better at fighting."

Chief leaned back to think for a moment. Free time has never been a thing for him. Not since he was put in the Spartan program. He takes his helmet off too look at his friend. "Alright. Maybe after this next mission."
____________
A/N
Wow. Who would have seen this coming. I'm going to be completely honest, I didn't think this would be this popular. Me and three of shit-fucks think of this stuff at like midnight to 3am. One of them is chugging sugar, the other doesn't know what's going on, and the last one is sometimes absent. But we would all like to say something

A/N 1:Thank you for reading. It means a lot and I can't wait to write more chapters

A/N 2:Fuck.

A/N 3: Please help we're trapped in his basement and we don't know what's going on please send help.

A/N 4: Wow.