Prologue:

The world ended in war. Not just the 10-year World War III but wars everywhere. People began fighting fellow citizens. The world was divided, more than it ever was.

Toxins, fires, and droughts were caused by the people. Mother Nature was killed by our selfishness. She was so hurt to the point where no animals lived and the humans were forced to live underground.

They took twelve pregnant women along with some younger families, an engineer, two teachers, five doctors, and three bunker designers.

At least that's what America did. At the time there were two presidents and America was divided in half five years into the war.

Only one-half of America survived, most of the other half died of explosions planted in the big cities.

The survivors soon died from starvation or the toxins the explosion leftover only some being saved by other bunkers or fled to other countries.

Only a quarter of the other side was affected by the explosion. That's when a secret organization began building bunkers underground in the middle of nowhere.

Only a year after the tragic bombing in America another attack came from Russia, this time fully wiping out America.

No one is sure how the world ended exactly in the span of four years, but it wiped out everything in the world.

Everything except for the people in the underground bunkers. The mothers all had their children. And for twenty years those children were taught and raised in the bunker.

They were under strict rules and learned to hate the humans that corrupted Earth. The children began having their own kids until they had a generation of advanced humans they called "Evait."

Forty-three years passed and the Evaits found a way to survive above ground. They built cities, parks, restored homes, and built families. They used dome-like covers and certain types of masks needed to be worn outside enclosures for safety.

They had everything. No rulers were needed. No security was even needed, Evaits had all the good human traits without greed or hate.

It's been nearly a hundred years since they built their own cities.

Construction had spread far outreaching Voroz (previously known as Greece)

While digging they found a museum that was sucked underground. Evaits were used to finding old human things that they'd just discard.

But this treasure that was found unlocked a new idea. The objects they found were Aldiss marking the position of the stars, moon, and sun. Curiosity got the best of the architects and they learned of an old idea called "zodiacs."

News of the zodiac had gotten around, and each district's heads agreed that this was useful information. Information that could be used to prevent wars, and prevents certain types of Evait from taking over.

The project took five years but they built a large structure, secluded in America far from any of the other cities that were built up. 

In it, they would house twelve girls and twelve boys all taken at birth. The children would be separated by element until they reached the age of sixteen when they would go through tests to determine which zodiacs were the most loyal, which were the bravest.

And which zodiacs were the most untrustworthy.

They called these tests the Zodiac Trials.