Chapter 12: Reeve

"Reeve!" Denver called from downstairs. I set down the comic book I had been reading and called back. 

"What's up?" My feet slid off the bed and I climbed the latter down. 

"We're going man, hurry up." Denver came buttoning up his blue shirt. 

"You look nice." 

"Sorry, I know it's excessive I just- I don't know it's been nearly four months since I've seen her."

I nodded, Denver tossed and turned all night after he had gotten the phone call from his sun-sister telling him that she was in the hospital an hour away from where their house was. "I get it. I miss all of them too. Three of us will get to be together again." I rested an arm on his shoulder, Denver turned around a smiled at me 

A knock came from the door frame. Ronan stood there leaning against the frame a piece of toast in his hand. "I gotta get going, we have dinner with mom at home but good luck let me know how it goes." Denver nodded as Ronan turned around and descended the stairs. 

There were only two other Star Children in the group but their house mother still didn't know that they had been sneaking out. Calypso was Ronan's sun-sister. She stayed in the girl's house but still wasn't entirely on board with the whole sneaking out thing. 

But it was good that more Star Children were getting out. Isadora who belonged to the House of Water had been the one to find Denver. I could see the way they looked at each other which was the exact reason her sun-brother and her had gotten into an argument a few weeks ago about her sneaking off. 

She hadn't told him though, at least that's what Denver told me. 

"I just can't help but feel like it's my fault that she's in hospital. And what if she gets identifie-"

"Calm down. I rested both my hands on Denver's shoulders shaking him a bit. He nodded his green eyes looked into mine. 

"Thanks for everything." I opened my mouth to speak but Denver continued talking. "No seriously. I don't know what I'd do without you." 

"Isadora," Echo called from the other room. Causing Denver's eyes to widen.

"Shut up!" He yelled causing Lee to chuckle. 

"How are things between you two?" I asked as we exited our bedroom and down the stairs. 

"I can't tell to be honest." He shrugged. "We haven't talked in a while. I can tell how uncomfortable Ronan is whenever I talk about it." He lowered his voice from any listening ears. 

"We were raised away from it. Those emotions weren't allowed but now.." I lifted my arms gesturing to the house. "We can explore." I winked at him causing him to smile. 

"Now c'mon we should get going!" I yelled rushing out the door. 

"You never take a break do you?" Denver shook his head as he threw me the keys. Ronan taught me how to drive a month ago. As soon as I saw a vehicle I wanted to drive it immediately. 

"Nope, I shook my head-hopping into the driver's seat." Denver got into the other clicking the belt over him. The wings of the vehicle closed and once they shut the magnet caught the key and the lights all powered on. 

"Do you know the name?" I asked turning to look at Denver. He pulled out a small notepad from his coat pocket. 

"District 5 Medical Center 62." He read off of it. I repeated it to the steering wheel of the vehicle the window lit up with the directions. Leaning back I stepped on the button causing the vehicle to lurch forward and down the road.