Prologue (Part 1)

This was inspired by the book Lucille Rose Potter by dont_mind_me_28. Go check out her stories, they're amazing!

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter, the fabulous J.K. Rowling does

A/n: In this story, Peter gets killed someone else, therefore Sirius doesn't go to Azkaban.

A young woman let out a high pitched scream.

"Lily! Wake up!" James Potter said, shaking his wife awake. Lily Potter yanked her eyes open, it was just a nightmare. James jumped out of the bed and went downstairs to the kitchen to fetch a glass of water.

"Here, drink this." he said, giving the cup to Lily. "Tempus," he muttered the time spell.

"It's 3:30," he stated, "Better get some more sleep." Lily nodded, and laid back down. No more than five seconds later, she shot out of the bed.

"Harry, Kai. I've got to make sure they're OK." she whispered, before dashing out of the room and into the nursery. She breathed a sigh of relief, they were fast asleep.

"It was just a dream, Lilyflower." James said, hugging her from behind.

>•<

Lily Potter woke up to the blinding light of the sun, as it wound it's way past the curtains and filled the room. She turned in the bed, to find James still fast asleep. Quietly, she left the room, closing the door behind her. Just as she was about to go downstairs, she heard a giggle coming from the nursery. She tip-toed over to the door, and opened it quietly. She surveyed the room, and smiled at what she saw. Harry was sleeping peacefully, just like his father, whereas his little sister was wide awake in her crib, looking at Harry. Lily quietly entered the room, closing the door behind her.

"Good morning, Princess." she said walking over to the crib with her 5-month-old daughter, Kai, in it.

Lily gently picked up her daughter, and walked out of the room, closing the door behind her. She walked down the stairs to the kitchen, and placed her on her high chair. Then, she mashed some bananas, and started feeding Kai. When Kai had finished eating, Lily had placed her in her playpen with her favorite toys and games. Lily then started preparing breakfast.

"Good morning, Lilyflower." James walked down the stairs in his bathrobe.

"Good morning, Sleepyhead." Lily replied, kissing him on the cheek. James took over the cooking, as Lily went upstairs to the nursery.

"Good morning, my little angel." Lily said as she walked into the nursery. Harry was standing up in his crib, with the help of the bars. She kissed his forehead, as she picked him up. She walked downstairs to the kitchen, where James was serving breakfast: pancakes and maple syrup. Lily placed Harry into his high chair, and sat in between him and James, Kai was still playing in her playpen.

>•<

The doorbell of the Potter house rang.

"Get the door, James!" Lily called from the nursery, where Kai and Harry had just woken up from their afternoon nap. James went to the window and saw Sirius Black, his best friend.

"What's our biggest secret?" he asked. They were in hiding, so this was necessary.

"We're animagi." Sirius whispered. All of a sudden, a big, bear-like black dog took his place. James opened the door, just as Sirius turned back into his human form.

"Prongsie!" Sirius greeted, embracing James in a hug.

"Good to see you too, Padfoot." James said, returning the hug.

"Who was at the door, James?" Lily asked, walking down the stairs with both Harry and Kai in her arms,"Oh, hi, Padfoot." She said.

"Hello, Lily." Sirius beamed. They walked into the living room, and sat down on the couches.

"How is my little godson and goddaughter?" Sirius asked, a huge smile on his face.

"Little angels, they are." Lily replied. Sirius ruffled Harry's messy black hair.

"They've both got your eyes, Lily." Sirius remarked.

"You say that every time you visit, Sirius." Lily replied. 

Sirius chuckled, and the 3 adults began a conversation. Sirius stayed for the night, and the Potters all enjoyed his presence.  

A/N: I appreciate all the support, thanks for reading! I will try to update once a week or so. Thanks for sticking around!