Prologue (Part 2)

A/N: Just so you understand a bit better: Sirius and Remus are married (duh)

*Late evening, 31st October, 1981*

Sirius P.O.V.

I apparated to the Potter's lovely house in Godrick's Hollow. I was speechless when I arrived; the house was a broken wreck! I ran through the broken-down door and looked around. James's wand was on the coffee table, but that was all there was in the living room. Checking the kitchen, it was empty. I dashed up the stairs.

NO! NO! This can't be happening!

James lay lifeless at the top of the stairs. I bursted out in tears.

He was my best friend! My Partner in Crime! He was my brother! 

"RIDDIKULUS!"

"RIDDIKULUS!"

"R-ri-riddik-"

Suddenly, there was a baby's cry from the nursery. I carefully stepped past James, wiping the tears from my eyes, and ran to the nursery. When I saw the sight in front of me, the tears came back down my face. Lily lay lifeless on the floor next to the crib. Harry and Kai were screaming and crying inside of the crib. Harry and Kai looked up at me, and I gasped: Harry had a lighting scar on the right side of his forehead, Kai had an identical scar on her forehead. I rushed over to them and gathered them up in an embrace. Their cries die down, at the comfort of a relative. We stayed like that for nearly five minutes, tears rushing down my face, Harry and Kai still sobbing, until I realized there were things to do. I got up, and took out my wand. Then, I sent a patronus to Remus and Dumbledore. In about five seconds, Remus was in the room, I could see tears streaming down his face, yet not making a single noise. Dumbledore arrived soon after.

>⋅<

Third Person P.O.V.

The three men had apparated to Albus Dumbledore's office in Hogwarts, along with the now orphaned siblings.

"Where will they go, Professor?" Sirius asked, "They are definitely not going to a muggle oranagage!"

"Orphanage, Sirius, orphanage." Remus said.

"Know-it-all" Sirius mumbled, rolling his eyes, "whatever it's called, they are not going there. Nor are they going to those Durleys, have you seen them?!"

"I should assume the best choice would be you two, as you are their legal godfathers." Dumbledore suggested.

"Right, forgot about that." Sirius agreed. Remus nodded his head in agreement.

"Well that's that. All you need to do," Dumbledore waved his wand and a big pile of papers appeared on his desk, "is fill out all these legal guardian forms and adoption papers." Sirius groaned.

>⋅<

"Well that took forever." Sirius said, once they had filled out every paper. Harry and Kai had fallen asleep in the crib Dumbledore had produced with his wand.

"I don't have the heart to wake them up." Remus said, "Let's-

"I'll do it, then." Sirius said.

Remus shook his head, "same old Siri." he said. Sirius grinned, walking over to the crib.

"Wake up, Sleepyhead!" he said, shaking Harry awake. Harry let out a small giggle.

"You too, Princess!" He was now shaking Kai. Kai stuck out her hand and smacked Sirius across the face. Remus  burst out laughing while Dumbledore chuckled, Sirius glared at them, before joining in himself.

"She's definitely Lily's daughter!" Remus said through bowls of laughter. Kai and Harry were now up, and there was no putting them back to bed. Sirius scooped Harry up in his arms, Remus scooping Kai up. Remus and Sirius said their goodbyes to Dumbledore, before apparating home to 12, Grimmauld Place. They went upstairs to Sirius's old bedroom, and Remus transfigured the bed into a crib, he then conjured another crib next to it. The kids had fallen asleep in their godfathers' arms, and were gently placed into the cribs.

>⋅<

The next day, Sirius's room was transformed into a beautiful nursery. The walls were decorated with a lot of pictures, toys were neatly put inside colorful boxes...Sirius had even hung up a family picture of the Potters which had been taken in September.

Within a few days time, the entire Wizarding World, and part of the Muggles world knew about the famous Harry and Kai Potter, the babies that had killed Lord Voldemort. Nobody knew that they were living with Sirius and Remus Black-Lupin. That would, at least, be for another year...