Chapter 14: Fudge and Mr. Malfoy

A/N; THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 1K!!! This feels like a dream, but as Dumbledore said, 'why would that mean it's not real?' (-Albus Percival Wolfric Brian Dumbledore). Thank you to everyone who's been commenting, and a special thanks to @anikaiswriting for his/her comments that helped me determine something important for the next book and the end book (as this is going to be a series). 

After sending Hedwig off with the letter home, Kai, Harry and Ron thought it be time to confront Hagrid about the Chamber of Secrets. Even though they found it hard to belive he would hurt Hermione, from what Riddle said, Hagrid just let the monster loose to run around freely on its own. 

"Are you sure about this, Harry? We're not allowed outside of the common room without being escorted and-"

"Ronald Weasley, have you been spending too much time with Hermione? It's perfectly safe because a) we have the invisibility cloak from our dad, b) we've been doing this since forever and c)-" Kai scolded the older boy.

"Ok, Ok, im sorry! It just-" Ron started, but was cut off by Harry covering the three with the invisibility cloak. 

When they walked out of the portrait hole, the Fat Lady got scared and asked, "Who's there?" 

Neither Potters nor Ron answered, keeping a steady pace down to the grounds. It wasn't a very pleasant journey. Harry and Kai, who had wandered the castle at night loads of times before, had never seen it so crowded after sunset. Teachers, staff and ghosts were patrolling the castle in pairs, looking for any unusual activity. Ron stubbed his toe only a few meters from where Snape stood and cursed loudly. Thankfully, Snape sneezed at the exact same time, though Kai had almost said "Bless you" had Harry not covered her mouth. It was a relief when they finally reached the oak doors and pulled them open oh so slightly, entering the chill cold night air.  

It was a beautiful night. The stars shown bright through the cloudless night. Kai especially noticed the full moon glowing strongly across the grounds and illuminating the night. It had a strange kind of glow over the Forbidden Forest, though she it always looked like that, right? Kai wondered how Moony was doing. 

"Psst! Kai. Earth to Kai, Earth to Kai, please come in." Harry whispered, waving his hand infront of her face, "I realize it's a beautiful night, but we've got to hurry."

"Right, yeah, sorry." she replied, quietly, snapping back into reality. 

The three continued their way down to Hagrid's hut, keeping the cloak on tight the whole way down. When they reached the hut they knocked 3 times on the heavy door, and heared russiling from inside. 

The door opened, revealing a giant, hairy, man, aiming a huge crossbow outside, where Harry, Kai and Ron were supposed to be, but were invisible under the cloak.  Fang, the boarhound, was barking loudly behind him. 

"Who's there?" Hagrid asked looking around, for the person who had knocked, "I warn ya, I'm armed."

"Hagrid its us, Harry, Kai and Ron." Harry whispered.

"Ge' out from under that cloak, will ya." he requested, in his heavy west country accent. 

Kai carefully pocked her head out from under cloak, followed by the two boys. 

"Oh." he said, lowering the weapon and staring at them. "What're you three doin' here?"

"What's that for?" Harry asked pointing at the crossbow, as they entered the cabin. 

"Nothin'...Nothin'..." Hagrid muttered, "I've been expectin'...doesn' matter...sit down...I'll make tea..."

Kai wondered what he meant by 'expecting'.