Chapter 9: Moste Potente Potions

Lockart P.O.V.

I was with my 2nd year class, up at the front with Harry Potter. Together we were demonstrating a scene from my book Walk with a Werewolf. Horrible creatures they are. Harry was pretending to be the werewolf, where as I, of course, was myself. Well technicality not myself but the person who I obliviated, but no one needs to know about that...

"Nice loud howl now, Harry-that's it-and then, if you'll believe it, I pounced - like this - slammed him to the floor - thus with one hand, I managed to hold him down - with my other, I put my wand to his throat - I then screwed up my remaining strength and performed the immensely complex Homorphus Charm- he let out a piteous moan - go on, Harry - higher than that - good - the fur vanished - the fangs shrank -and he turned back into a man. Simple, yet effective - and another village will remember me forever as the hero who delivered them from the monthly terror of werewolf attacks."  I demonstrated to the class. 

The bell rang and so I stood up, gesturing Harry back to his seat. 

"Homework," I called, "compose a poem about my defeat of the Waggi Wagga Werewolf! Signed copies of Magical Me to the author of the best one!" 

My students began to leave, they seemed to have enjoyed that class. That is until three of my students walked towards my desk, carrying a small piece of parchment. 

"Er - Professor Lockhart?" Miss Granger stammered. "I want - we wanted to - to get this book out of the library. Just for background reading." She held out the piece of paper, her hand shaking slightly. "But the problem is it's in the Restricted Section of the library, so we need a teacher to sign for it -" Harry added. "I'm sure it would help us further understand what you said in Gadding with Ghouls about slow-acting venoms." Miss Granger finished. 

"Ah, Gadding with Ghouls!" I said, taking the note from Hermione and smiling widely at the girls. "Possibly my very favorite book. Did you two enjoy it?"

"Oh yes! It was very clever of you to-" Miss Granger started.

"Well, I'm sure no one will mind me giving the best student a bit of help." I pulled out my enormous beautiful peacock quill, "Nice isn't it? I usually keep it for book signings and autographs." 

I signed a big beautiful signature, before handing it back to Miss. Granger. 

"So, Harry...it was horrible what happened on the Quidditch field last week. I used to play seeker myself when I was young. If you wanted, and your sister of course, I could give you some extra training. Then you might be able to do that whole signed photos idea, after all. Always happy to pass on my experience to less-able players." I suggested. 

"Umm, no thanks, Professor. I'm afraid we have to go, or we'll be late for lunch." Harry said, but I knew he was pondering the brilliant idea in his head. 

Third Person P.O.V.

 They quickly hurried out of the classroom to find Kai, already waiting for them. 

"I don't believe it." Kai stated, examining the note, "He didn't even look at what you wanted. This simply proves how much of a brainless git he is." Ron nodded in agreement, before the four hurried off to the library.  

"Madam Prince?" Hermione called. 

"What can I do for you?" the librarian asked, coming into sight. 

"We would like to take out Moste Potente Potions by Phineas Borne out of the Restricted Section, please." Kai said, handing her the signed note. 

She looked over the note, making sure it was not forged before entering the Restricted Section, and coming back 20 seconds later with an old shabby book.