Chapter 2: The Letters

A/N: Sorry that it's pretty short, I decided to cut chapter 1 in two...Hope you enjoy it!!! I promise next one will be longer!!!

"HOW HAVE YOU ALREADY GOT DETENTION, HARRY?!?!?!?!" Kai yelled at me as we ate lunch in the Great Hall.

"It was Snape's fault!" I protested. Suddedny, she slapped the back of my head.

"NO, YOU DID EXACTLY WHAT UNCLE PADFOOT TOLD YOU TO DO AS A NON-FUNNY JOKE, AND EXACTLY WHAT UNCLE MOONY TOLD YOU NOT TO DO!" She said matter-of-factly.

"But I only asked the class why Snape could never be a gardener or Herbology professor, and then told them the answer which is because his lilies always die." I whined, I already knew I had no chance of winning.

"EXACTLY!" she said, "just please don't do it again."

Kai P.O.V.

After my flying class ended, I ran upstairs to my dorm. Harry still had History of Magic, so this was the perfect time to write home a secret letter. I pulled out a piece of parchment from my bag, along with a quill and ink. Then, I began to write:

Dear Uncle Moony and Uncle Padfoot,

It's only the first day, and Harry has already got detention, thanks to you stupid joke, Sirius (which was NOT funny). Classes went well, and I've made a new friend: Ginny Wealey. Mcgonagall said I could try-out for the Quidditch team as Chaser. When you write back, tell Hedwig to bring it to me, not Harry.

Love,

Kai

Just as I was rolling up the letter, Hedwig flew into my dorm.

"You're such a clever little owl." I stated. I tied the letter to her leg.

"Take it to Uncle Rem and Uncle Siri, Hedwig." I told her. With that, she took off out of the open window.

"Hey, Kai." a voice said behind me. I spun around.

"Hey, Gin" I replied, as she closed the door to our dorm.

"Is it true that Harry's already got detention this weekend?" she asked. I simply nodded, he could be so stupid sometimes.

>⋅<

I woke up to the sound of an owl hoot. Sitting up in my bed, I checked the time: 7:09. I slid open the curtains of my four-poster bed, and got up.

"G'morning, Kai." Ginny said, she was still in her PJs.

"G'morning." I replied, "Hi Hedwig."

"She flew in 15 minutes ago, here is the letter by the way." Ginny informed me, handing me the letter which I knew was from Uncle Moony and Padfoot. She passed my two letters.

"Two?" I asked. Ginny nodded. I opened one of them:

Dear Kai,

Good to hear Harry has been listening to his uncle Padfoot. What joke did he make up? I see this Potter generation has something for Weasleys doesn't it. Anyways, great to hear you can try out as Chaser! Your parents would have been so proud of you. Make sure to write!

Love,

Uncle Padfoot

PS: Please don't tell Remus I sent you this!

Same old Uncle Padfoot.  I thought

I opened the next one, which I assumed was from Remus. I was correct:

Dear Kai,

Congratulations! The Gryffindor team will definitely need you after what I've seen from you playing at home with Sirius and Harry. Please tell me you told Harry off for me, Sirius was jumping up and down when he read your letter. Good luck with the tryouts, and please don't let Harry do anything stupid.

Love,

Uncle Rem

I stuffed the letters into my trunk. Ginny and I got dressed, and headed to the Great Hall, where we sat down opposite Harry.

"Message from Siri: great job on the plan, message from Rem: don't ever do something like that again, Harry!" I told Harry on behalf of Siri and Rem.

The day passed quickly from there, going to classes, doing assignments...