Chapter 13: Bad News

A/N: Hi everyone. I'm so so sorry for not publishing in...forever! With my cousins now here it's been really hard to find time to write. They'll sadly be leaving in less then a week, which means that I'll hopefully will be able to publish more often. 

Big thanks to everyone for your support, especially the commenters who just make my day! 

Now, without further 'ado, let's get on with the chapter. 

Third Person P.O.V.

"Good luck, Kai. You too, Harry." Luna Lovegood wished the two players, who were her friends,  well. 

"Thanks, Luna." Kai thanked. 

Today was the day of the Gryffindor vs. Hufflepuff Quidditch match. Kai and Harry sat in the Great Hall with Ron, already dressed in the quidditch robes, their brooms next to them. Hermione wasn't there, though they expected she be in the library, researching about the Chamber of Secrets. 

"Potter, Potter, we're going to be late and-" 

Kai already knew who it was, without even needing to turn around. "We're coming, Ollie." she said, cutting him off before he started on and on about the match. 

Kai grabbed her broom, and got up, pulling her brother along with her. Ron grabbed one last bacon sandwich, before following his two friends out of the Hall and onto the grounds, along with the rest of the school. 

When they arrived at the pitch, it was a chaos. Students were gathering around the stairs into the stands, waving big flags and banners, and everything was an exciting mess. 

Ron swallowed the last bit of his sandwich, and wished both Potters good luck, hugging them both. 

Just as Ron was about to head to the stands, McGonagall came with her wand pressed against her neck. She hurried onto the field and clearly stated something the whole school was sad about. 

"It is extremely hard for me to say, but I'm afraid the Gryffrindor vs. Hufflepuff quidditch has been canceled." she stated, her wand megaphoning her voice. 

The crowed showed it's disapproval, but still made their down the stairs of the stands, as Oliver Wood, and the rest of the team, could be seen rushing to Professor McGonagall, angrily saying, "But, Professor, you can't cancel Quidditch!" 

"Silence, Wood." McGonagall said sternly, her wand now back in her robes, and walked off the pitch towards Harry, Kai and Ron. 

"Mr Potter, Miss Potter, I think you should follow me, please." she said, still waking. Harry and Kai turned aroud to follow her, giving a quick wave goodbye to Ron, just as she said, "You too, Mr. Weasley." 

Shocked and confused, Ron gave a quick jog to catch up to Kai and Harry. The three discussed what might have happened as McGonagall led them back to the castle and up flights of stairs. 

"Wait a second." Kai said, realization sweeping over her. Harry and Ron looked at her, confused. 

"What?" Harry asked. 

"This is the way to the Hospital Wing." Kai said, simply. 

"And?" Ron asked. 

"We havent seen Hermione all morning." Harry said, thoughtfully. 

"You dont think?" Ron said, as he finally understood.

Kai nodded. The three began running, past McGonagall and up another flight of stairs to the Hospital Wing. 

Behind them, they could hear McGonagall rushing after them. Harry ran past Kai, and pushed open the heavy double doors. 

Multiple petrified students (and ghosts) lay on sickbeds. Madam Pomfrey was sitting next to one of the bed. She looked up when she heard the three enter.