Chapter 4: Quidditch Try-outs

Third Person P.O.V.

Two weeks went by, students went to their classes, Harry got detentions....

Now was the weekend of Quidditch Try-outs...

Kai was up at six that morning, and so was her best friend Ginny. The two got dressed and ready for the important day.

"I'll go wake Harry up. Knowing him, he's still sleeping." Kai stated.

"I'll see you in the Great Hall then." Ginny said walking down the stairs of their dorm. Kai went up the boys' dorms' stairs and stopped at the second years'. She knocked on the door once. No one answered. She tried again, no one answered, she tried five more times before losing her temper and opening the door. She walked over to Harry's bed, pulled back the curtains and yelled:

"Wake up!" Nothing happened. He pushed him off the bed, and only then did he wake up.

"What was that for?" he groaned.

"It's 7 o'clock, tryouts are in an hour!" she yelled, pulling out some clothes from his trunk, now get dressed, Sleepyhead." Harry slowly got up from the floor, grabbed the clothes she had picked out and entered the bathroom.

"Bloody Hell, Hermione." Ron said from his bunk.

"That would be Kai, Ronald." Kai said.

"Oh, sorry Kai." he apologized.

Kai waited a whole 15 minutes before the door to the bathroom reopened, and Harry stepped out, dressed with his hair half wet.

>⋅<

Kai and Harry were walking along the grass towards the Quidditch stadium, where the Gryffindors we're having try-outs.

"You really need to learn to wake up earlier." Kai stated.

"You're just an early bird." he protested.

"And you're a Sleepyhead." she replied, "Rem says Dad was one too."

"And Mum was an early bird." he said, smiling.

>⋅<

"If you're trying out for Chaser, please stand there." Oliver Wood said, pointing to a part of the stadium. Kai walked over to where he pointed.

"If you're trying out for Beater, please stand there." he pointed to another place. The Seeker had already been chosen: Harry. Wood was Keeper, so the only places left were Chaser and Beater.

"Chasers, you're up first." Wood declared. Kai mounted her Nimbus 2000, and took off, along with the other try-out Chasers. Wood and Harry joined them. Wood split them into two teams of 6.

"There are three parts to Chaser try-outs. Asia Sharp will assist me in the first one." Wood informed the group. Harry gave Kai a quick thumbs up, before a girl with long black hair joined Wood, on his left.

Wood whispered something to Sharp, and she took off to the other goal post.

"The Quaffle will be thrown, and each team must try and regain as many points as possible before Harry can catch the snitch." Oliver instructed. The teams lined up, and the "game" began. Harry flew overhead, watching his little sister grab the Quaffle and score, yet again. Then, he saw the golden glimmer of the snitch below him, and dived. Catching the snitch, he zoomed to Wood, and Wood finished the "game".

"Great work. The second part is going to be shooting." Wood encouraged me. The Chasers were instructed to pair up and line up near the goal post. Kai was paired up with a girl called Angelina Johnson. Each person had ten tries to score a point...

"I got ten out of ten!" Kai exclaimed, punching the air. Angelina had gotten ten too.

"Good job everyone." he said, encouragely, "Beaters, we will need you for the next part." The Beaters flew up to them.

"Chasers, you will be doing the exact same thing, except this time, Bludgers will be on the loose." he turned to the Beaters, "your job is to keep the Chasers safe."

Again, the game began. Beaters were hitting Bludgers, Chasers dodgining and scoring. Again, Harry caught the snitch. The group flew back to the floor and Wood announced the Chasers.

"This year's Chasers will be: Aneglina Johnson, Katie Bell and Kai Potter. Congratulations. Everyone else, you did a great job!" Wood announced. Harry hugged his sister in support.

"This year's Beaters will be: Fred Weasley and George Weasley." he announced, "Thank you to everyone who came." The people who weren't chosen, left the field.

"I guess being very short is great after all. I've always loved it." Kai said, thinking out loud.

"Nice work, kid." Angelina Johnson complimented Kai, "It's going to be fun working with you."

"It's already 14:00?!?!" Kai exclaimed looking down at her watch, "How?"

"You and your schedules." Harry said, shaking his head.

"At least I have a schedule and am organized, unlike you!" she shot back, in a mocking way. The two burst out laughing.

>⋅<

Harry and Kai sat by the fire writing a letter to their Uncles:

Dear Uncle Padfoot and Uncle Moony,

Kai got the part as Chaser! Nothing much interesting other that that, but if you want to know the entire team, here it is:

Oliver Wood (Keeper and Captain)

Harry (Seeker)

George Wealey (Beater)

Fred Weasley (Beater)

Kai (Chaser)

Angelina Johnson (Chaser)

Katie Bell (Chaser)

Keep in touch!

Love,

Harry and Kai

Hedwig was sent off with the letter, before the two headed back to their dorms.

Kai P.O.V.

"Hi Ginny. I'm Chaser! Can you believe it!" I exclaimed as I walked into our dorm, "Ginny? What're you doing?"

Ginny doesn't seem to hear me.

"Ginny!" I yelled, I walked over to her. There was some kind of book on her desk, "What's that?" she quickly pulled the book out of my sight.

"It's just a diary." She hissed.

"Ok, ok, no need to be that way, Gin." I said, backing away to my bed.

What's wrong with her? She's probably just in a mood.

I changed into my PJs, and hopped into bed. A nightmare slowly filled my head....