breakfast

nats pov

after that, we all went back upstairs as it was approaching 10.30 ,to eat breakfast. as we returned to the kitchen i portioned the food how i knew was nescessary; peter having the greatest followed by bucky and steve, there was quite a difference from steve to sam, then clint having slightly less followed by both bruce and tony, i gave myself a slightly larger portion than wanda knowing her metabolism would be slightly slower than mine due to the amount of physical activity. i wasn't sure what type of portion to give to rosie. peter claimed she didn't have an enhanced metabolism, however with her powers mirroring steve, buckys and peters in a way i couldn't process how that could be true. i opted to believe him and gave her a portion similar to that of wanda. whilst i was dishing out food, sam was giving people a portion of the green smoothie we made.

me , sam and steve were all very much 'health nuts' as the other members of the team would say. we had a strict diet which we would all follow. most of the team would also eat what we prepared at meal times, however would stray away throughout the day. we knew the surplus of calories required for each of us and was able to make meals accordingly. wandas diet most closely mirrored ours. as the youngest member of the team who lived here full time , i think she did it mostly to feel a sense of inclusion. this didn't stop her complaining about it constantly however.

as we placed everyone's meals in front of them, we commenced eating them. peter, steve and bucky had finished their meal before most of us had even started. i suspect that because breakfast was delayed 30 minutes, they were hungry. as i looked around the table i saw everyone else continuing to eat. there was some short conversations, however most people were focusing on eating. after rosie had eaten a bit more than half of her meal she glanced up at peter, who was on the right of her and went to whisper something in his ear. peter smiled picked up her plate and placed her leftover food on to his plate. i was the only one to notice the interaction between the two. i then decided we would probably need to rebuild rosies appetite if what wanda stated was true. i finished my own food and decided to initiate a conversation with rosie who was sitting across from me drinking her smoothie smiling
"do you like the smoothie rosie" i questioned
"oh my thor yes. i've never had a smoothie before and have no idea what's in this but it's great. the breakfast was also great. i couldn't finish it all but pete happily took it. i hope that's okay?" she said. this girl could talk almost as fast as she could run.
"that is fine rosie, i'm glad you like the smoothie. where did you get your shorts from?"
"honestly i have absolutely no idea. i've had them since i was like 12, i literally got them before my parents died. i'm not sure if i should be concerned they still fit"
"well you can train with us more and we can help you build some muscle if you like. i know you can lift cars but, and i mean no offence, you aren't very toned"
"really? not the muscly bit i knew that, but you'd help me train" she said as her face lit up
"it would be my pleasure, i'm sure the team would love to have a new face around" the rest of the table was engaged in conversations of their own so the only person who noticed ours was wanda who just looked at me and smiled.

after breakfast we all sat in the living room for a bit. wanda, rosie and i were talking in a seating area slightly away from the tv as the guys played mario cart. tony and bruce were too invested in the game and hadn't yet been to the lab.
"rosie, is that the best you've got for training clothes" rosie looked down at her appearance with a somewhat embarrassed expression
"it's not that bad is it?" rosie asked looking at wanda. wanda in turn just stayed silent.
"it's pretty bad"
"me and wanda were planning on going shopping later so i can get some stuff then i guess. i have my wallet and we will be somewhere to get a swimsuit so they will probably have gym-y stuff" i couldn't tell if she was asking a question or making a statement. i also felt bad making the girl spend her own money, but i knew that if i offered she most likely wouldn't take it.
"do you guys want me to drop you to the mall, i have to run a few errands" rosie looked to wanda waiting for her to respond
"that would be great, thanks nat. rosie i'll show you to one of the spare rooms so you can shower. it's right next to mine so knock on the door on the right when your done." rosie nodded as she followed wanda with her grey rucksack which i assumed was once black slung over her shoulder.

i walked over to tony as it was currently his turn to watch instead of play mario cart.
"hey tones"
"what can i get for you red"
"a pair of actually decent trainers in rosies size"
"im already planning on that, and maybe some converse so she doesn't have to wear the running shoes outside of training, i just need the size. think you and your spy skills can manage" i saluted him and went on search of an answer.

rosie being rosie, i assumed she'd taken her shoes off by the front door. i wasn't paying attention to her feet as we were chatting (it would be very strange if i had been) so i couldn't be a 100% sure but it was the first place i checked. low and behold, placed next to each other in a corner by the front door was rosies very old looking trainers. i looked on the inside of the shoe to find the tag that said the size. the majority of the writing had come off and the soles of the shoes practically had holes in at both the balls and heels of her feet. unable to get a size on my own, i turned to friday, tony's ai. "hey friday, what size are these" i asked holding up the trainers. "those are a uk size 3 ms.romanoff"
"thank you friday, can you inform tony of rosies shoe size"
"as you wish ms.romanoff"
and with that, i went to get dressed, i actually did have errands to run at the mall.
30 minutes later, at 11:26 i shouted to both wanda and rosie asking them i'd they were ready. wanda walked out of her room locking pinkies with rosie. i couldn't help but find this interaction incredibly sweet. we all went into my car, both wanda and rosie in the back, and headed in the direction of the mall.