game night pt.1

8:00pm

third person

rosie and wanda were both feeling a lot better, having managed some plain chicken and a bit of salad for dinner.  now was time for the once a month event in the compound, game night. thor, valkyrie and carol came down to earth as well as hope and scott joining them. currently, rosie and wanda were trying to look like they hadn't both been violently ill less than 24 hours ago.
"on a scale of 1-10, one being death bed, ten being peak health, how do i look?" wanda and nat both pulled slightly  askew faces looking at the girl. she was wearing her n.y.u sweatshirt and her white pleated skirt, paired with nike socks and doc martens, in an attempt to avoid height jokes nat said they were bound to make, "oh come on guys, first introduction, i even have makeup on, i can't look that close to death"
"you don't, somewhere between a 4 and a 7, depending on the angle", wanda who had managed to get more than enough sleep, looked as good as new whereas rosie, although skin colour having returned to normal, still had dark circles under her eyes.
"i'd say a 5, maybe tie your hair in a bun come her" natasha stood behind rosie, wearing a black dress with a leather jacket over it, and similar shoes but not boots. she pulled the girls mass of hair "you need a trim" into a messy bun near the top of her head, before pulling out pieces to frame her face. "i know, any volunteers" natasha and wanda both shrugged as if to say sure why not but not right this second. wanda was wearing her floral midi skirt and red crop top, she also had on of a grey zip up hoodie she had stolen from steve, still slightly colder than she should be, much like rosie. she paired it with white high top converse.
"definitely a solid 6 now" wanda stated. natasha pulled out her phone to text a group chat

how did we end up in this?
(containing thor, carol, scott, hope, clint, valkyrie, sam and natasha)

nat:guys don't say anything if rosie looks like she has been violently ill in the last 24 hours
she wants to make a good impression

carol: why would she look like shes been violently ill in the last 24 hours

sam:wanda and rosie got food poisoning

nat:and rosie has a bad immune system

sam:and heightened senses

nat:and struggles to sleep more than one hour without nightmares

valkyrie:okay no saying she looks like shit, got it

nat:thank you, she's really nervous

sam: oh and don't mention the pink hair

clint:DEFINITELY DONT MENTION THE PINK

hope: okay, why?

clint:prank by me which rosie wasn't a fan of

nat:because she very PUBLICLY voiced her hatred for the colour due to childhood trauma

scott:childhood trauma?

sam:very traumatic childhood which she mostly shrugs off calmly
try and avoid the topic of family too

carol: anything we should talk about

nat:anything except what we just mentioned, see you all soon x
and science x

and with that natasha put her phone away. "they're here" rosie said, she must've heard the door close, rosie and wandas room being closest to the entrance. rosie took a deep breath before following wanda and i out into the hall. hope and scott were in the hall, carol, thor and valkyrie hadn't arrived yet. rosie internally thanked thor she wouldn't have to introduce herself to everyone at the same time. this was also wandas first time meeting hope and valkyrie. "hope...scott" natasha said offering them both a hug "hey nat" they each said as she hugged them. scott then went up to wanda and hugged her "nice to see you again wanda"
"you too scott" rosie stood slightly to the side, praying nat would introduce her
"hope this is wanda" she said pointing to a brunette similar in height and stature to hope, if not an inch shorter "and this is rosie" nat continued pointing to a pink curly haired girl who seemed short, standing at only 5'4" in her platform docs.
"nice to meet you both, i am hope, known in superhero rings as the wasp" both girls smiled and nodded as hope hugged them both. at this wanda entered rosies mind.