late night drives

third person

hope was driving and nat was sat in the passenger seat. rosie and wanda sat in the back seats, hands meeting to intertwine in the middle chair. rosie was staring out the window. nat was worried about the girl, she seemed more and more distant as the night progressed. the car was filled with people worried about rosie. hope was worried having seen the girls mood falter more and more throughout the night, as a result of the comments in arguments. although hope could only hear the loudest one, she assumed with rosies senses she could hear all of them. even the loudest ones, mostly tony's weren't very nice. "nat can you text the groupchat, make sure they know we've left"
"sure is wanda asleep, i swear she could sleep anywhere at anytime"
"she's a very cute sleeper, and that most definitely is true, she's also like the heaviest sleeper ever" rosie said with a slight smile on her face. as rosie said this natasha slipped her phone out of her pocket

avengers and co.

nat:hey guys me, hope, wanda and rosie are on a drive
dont wait up, and scott, tony will give you a spare room

tony:why'd you guys leave
and scott the rooms practically yours

nat:decided i'm not talking to you tony

tony:okay, guess we'll discuss this later

peter:thanks for telling us so we don't worry ms.nat, see you tommorow

nat:see you tommorow pete, love you

"hey hope"
"yeah rosie"
"can you pull over quickly" hope pulled off to the side of the road. as she did, rosie swung her door open and approached a patch of grass, throwing up. hope turns away as she does so. after she pulls out a wipe and a piece of gum, wiping her mouth and then sticking in the gum, before returning to her seat.
"you're good to go" rosie said. hope turned to nat who just shrugged, and took this as a sign to continue driving. they drove in silence for 10 minutes before nat turned round slightly to talk to rosie, who was currently sat behind hope
"feeling any better"
"less nauseous, sorry by the way, but the headaches still there. there was a lot of shouting"
"yeah there was, should we listen to music?" natasha asked. hope nodded and rosie smiled and nodded. the three of them sung, wanda still asleep for 40 more minutes. when they were 20 minutes away from the beach, wanda stirred slightly waking up "hey wands, we're almost there" rosie informed, turning her head and smiling at the girl
"where exactly is there?" wanda asked to the two women in the front seat
"i just told hope to drive"
"we're going to the beach to watch the sunrise" hope replied with a smile. this caused all 3 occupants of the car to break out in a smile.
"oooo we should go to the beach with swimming costumes one day, swim in the sea, i've never done that before, but it looks so fun" rosie stated
"you've never swum in the sea before?" hope questioned
"nope" rosie said. after this, wanda and rosie both turned to look as the skyscrapers had turned to trees and the occasional house in the passing windows.

10 minutes later, the car pulled up to an empty car park by the beach guess no one else was going to the beach at 3am on a sunday. all 4 women climbed our of the car. natasha pulled out a blanket she had in her car just incase as the all went to sit looking out at the see. the 4 women were huddled together, although it was summer, it was till chilly because none of them had thick clothes on. rosie had her head on wandas shoulder, who inturn put her head on top of hers. nat was beside wanda and hope was beside rosie, they were sat close to them in order to be able to share the blanket. they sat like this for half an hour before the sun started to rise.

wanda looked down as the sun started to rise, seeing a sleeping rosie on her shoulder. she knew that rosie would hate not seeing this, despite how much she needed the rest. as a result, she shook rosie awake subtly, who silently set up before turning her attention to the rising sun and smiling. all 4 women had soft smiles gracing their lips as they watched the sun rise. after an hour the sun had fully risen and then got back into the car.

"doesnt tony call game night game weekend" hope questioned after driving for 20 minutes.
"we have to do that again?" rosie piped up causing the other hope to laugh. the girl was currently leant on the window half asleep. natasha and wanda had both fallen asleep upon entering the car. "he normally does part two as like a sports day thing, probably have 3 teams of 5"
"do you think we'll get to pick the teams?"
"we'll probably find out soon, want to stop by starbucks and get some coffee?"
"sure, i went to starbucks once with peter a few months ago and it was great"
"awesome, we can get nat and wanda something to, its 30 minutes away, try and get some sleep okay?"
"okay"rosie replied before falling asleep leant against the window.

she was pulled from her sleep as the car stopped "are we outside starbucks? " she asked, still sounding sleepy
"in the drive thru, quite the queue for 6am on a sunday, mind waking up wanda?" rosie laughed before shaking wandas shoulder. the girl slowly sat up right, before turning to face rosie "we're getting starbucks, are you gonna wake up nat hope?"
"shes kindof scary" hope replied causing both wanda and rosie to laugh. rosie unbuckled her seat belt, the car currently stopped, before leaning forward to shake nats shoulder. the women sat up abruptly, taking a moment to take in her surroundings "where the fuck are we?" was all she said, not looking at any of the women in the car "good morning to you to natasha, god what a rude way to talk to someone about to offer you starbucks?" hope asked.
"i want starbucks" nat declared
"okay. what does everyone want?" hope asked. wanda and nat both told hope their order, rosie just opting to get the same thing as wanda. they sat in the car park and drank their drinks. "hey hope, lets switch out so you can get some rest" natasha suggested, causing a tired looking brunette to nod. after everyone had finished their drinks, nat resumed driving back to the compound. it was about an hour drive which conisted of both hope and wanda sleeping the entire time, whilst rosie and natasha had a deep conversation about there childhood, mostly there siblings. both found it quite therapeutic to be able to talk about something they har never told anyone before, without gaining the normal sympathetic looks they both hated.

after rosie and nat woke up hope and wanda, all 4 were walking back into the compound
"are we running this morning wands?"
"i might try and get some sleep, feel free to go without me" she replied
"you might be able to join steve and sam if your quick rosie" natasha suggested. rosie nodded and ran up to sam in the compound, who was currently filling his water bottle.
"hey sam, mind if i get dressed quickly and join you and steve"
"not at all, go get dressed and i'll fill your water, not running with wanda?"
"shes gonna get some sleep, i'll be right back" rosie stated before running of to her room.

sams pov

steve walked into the kitchen shortly after rosie left. "rosies going to be running with us" i told him. "cool, be good to see how she goes for long distances". not even five minute later, rosie returned in black leggings and was that tshirt pink? "your tops pink" i stated to the girl
"wanda picked it the first time we went shopping, felt a bit too soon to say 'i hate the colour pink because my parents injected me with some wild steroids when i was a child' you know?" me and steve both laughed at this comment. we all went to the track. i whispered in rosies ear "hey rosie, can you do me a favour and say 'on your left' each time you lap steve"
"umm sure" and with that we all ran for the next two hours before stopping at the side.

"that was very impressive rosie, dont suppose sam told you to say that"
" what, sam would never" rosie said. i couldnt tell if she was purposefully being sarcastic or was just a terrible liar. "right, doesnt sound like sam at all" steve responded causing all 3 of us to laugh. we all went back inside before having a breakfast with the team. in hindsight, unless your some crazy lab experiment person, dont run before a sports day.