Chapter 6

Demi

My sessions with Nick were progressing nicely.I think he was finally understanding my request of keeping this relationship professional between us, because he was no longer prying for information about my life. However, I was becoming a little more comfortable with him, so I went ahead and sparked a conversation to avoid any awkwardness or flirty comments. We talked about his brother and the gym that he worked out at. It was a nice and easy conversation to help the time more along quicker. Once the session was coming to an end, I went ahead and took out my phone to set up Nick's future appointments. After I had them set up, I walked over to grab Nick's crutches for him.

"You got big plans for the weekend?" He asked me, which caused me to tilt my head a little bit. Why exactly was he asking me this? I hope he wasn't getting any ideas.

"No, why are you asking?" I asked him as I handed him the crutches and eyed him suspiciously. I watched as he smiled a little bit and placed the crutches under his armpits.

"I was just curious. No other reason. I swear," he said as he let out a sigh and then continued to speak once more. "It is a holiday weekend, so I just wondered if you had big plans." He said as he looked into my eyes.

"My mom has a cookout every year at her house, so I'll get to that. How about you?" I asked him trying to be polite.

 How about you?" I asked him trying to be polite

"Jay will probably have a party. Any time there is a reason to throw a party, he usually does," he said as he let out a chuckle and stood up on straight, on his good leg. "His parties are a lot of fun, though. I'd invite you, but we're keeping this professional," he said as he grinned at me. I just shook my head and gave him a soft smile, before heading out of the office. Nick followed close behind as we made our way over to the lobby to where my client was waiting for me.

As we approached the lobby, Nick's brother, Jay, stood up to greet us. "How'd it go?" He asked as he looked directly at me.

"It went great. It always goes great, because I am awesome... at everything I do," I said as I gave him a smile and to let him know that I can play his games too. The look on Jay's face was priceless, and I think Nick noticed it, too because he let out a laugh as he watched Jay's face. I turned my attention towards Nick, "I'll see you Wednesday, Nick. Enjoy your holiday," I said as I gave him a smile, and then turned and walked over to my next client and took him to the back room.

Once my next client got settled onto the table, I looked over, and noticed that Nick had left his wallet over on the chair, that sat off to the side of the room. I quickly walked over, grabbed it, and then ran out, real fast, to see if he was still out there, but it was too late. He was already gone. I let out a deep sigh and then made my way back to the room, where my client was at, on the table. We got right to work on his shoulder exercises and talked about the latest news in our lives. While my client, Trent, was talking about what he was up to this past week, I started to zone out, and think about Nick. I know that I should call him and let him know I had his wallet, but I kind of wanted to see him again.There was something about him that made me feel excited inside. Something that made me want to be around him more, even if he did have a girlfriend. I really enjoyed his company, and it helped that he was easy on the eyes. Maybe I would take a little trip to the gym, and see why it is so special to him.