Chapter 16

Demi

Has there ever been a point in your life where it seemed like you were slowly moving through time? Like you were just going through the motions, and no matter what you did, time still seemed to remain the same? Well, that was exactly how I felt this week. Calling it off with Nick, and trying to be distant from him was hard. I figured, if I loaded my schedule with mindless activities, then I would distract myself, but in reality, it only made things worse. The worst was when I'd happen across the book I had made for Nick's birthday & I'd pick it up to put it somewhere out of sight, but instead, I'd start looking through it. It sucked seeing all the photos we had taken, in just a short period of time. I hadn't realized it until I started looking through my photos on my phone to make the book. It made me smile to reminisce, then it would make me sad when it hit me that we weren't together, anymore. 

Finally Friday rolled around, and I was getting ready to hang out with Carter. Ever since his grandmother's birthday, he has been insisting that we get together and hang out again, but I was never really sold on the idea, that is until now. I decided that it could be good for me to get out and spend some time with someone who knew how to make me laugh. I told Carter that I wanted to do something fun, and random. He suggested that we head out with a group of friends, grab a bite to eat, and then head over to the bowling alley. It has been a while since I have done anything like that, so I thought it sounded fun. Carter was supposed to be picking me up in a few hours, so I was just finishing getting ready.

As I finished putting a few loose curls through my hair, I heard a loud, banging on the door. I stopped what I was doing, and turned my attention in that direction. I wondered who that was. I put the curling iron down, and then made my way to the front door. I figured the banging would stop, but it didn't, it only got harder. I wrinkled my forehead. What the fuck. I quickened my pace to the door, and abruptly opened the door. Just as I was about to go off on whoever was at the door, I froze. "Nick?" I said completely and utterly confused.

"Did you tell my doctor that you weren't sure if I should be cleared to fight?" He blatantly spat out at me.

"Well, hello to you, too," I said as I opened up the door a little more, and ran my fingers through my hair as Nick yanked off his sunglasses & glared at me

"Did you or did you not tell my doctor, that you weren't sure if I should be cleared to fight?" I stood there and watched Nick as he huffed and puffed at me. I wasn't sure how to address this with him, but I really wasn't wanting to get into it right now. Especially when Carter was going to be here in a little bit. "Is this some kind of game to you?" He asked as he dramatically threw his arms all over the place.

"Excuse me?" I said as I stood up a little taller and crossed my arms.

"You are trying to sabotage my fight with Wilmer! Is this all part of you plan! Get close with me, and then just when you had the perfect opportunity, you do the one thing to try and fuck me over! All you care about is Wilmer winning!" He continued to say, as his voice just kept getting louder and louder.