Chapter 11

Nick

I had no idea where I was heading after I left Demi's house. I was too confused to think that far ahead. After seeing the photo of Demi on her ex's lap, then seeing them hugging in front of her house, was too much to take in, all at once. I had to walk off my anger. Now, my leg was starting to ache, so I knew I needed to sit somewhere. I walked until I came to a big brick building on the road I was on. I leaned on the wall, thinking about the events of the day so far. It started off so amazing. Sex was awesome anyway, but sex with Demi was the absolute best. The blowjob she gave me was out of this world & the way she tasted made my mouth water, thinking about it now. Then Jay had to send me that fucking picture. The moment I saw it pop up in a text message from him, I called him to hear his explanation.

"Michelle was on her phone looking through Instagram because she had posted a few pictures of us. She had to go to the bathroom, so she put her phone on the bed & I was curious since I don't get on social media too much. I scrolled through her feed & saw the picture. If that was my girlfriend, I'd want to know. Sorry, man." Jay explained.

I don't even remember what I said back to him. I just remember Demi coming out of the bathroom & I just kinda lost it. The image of her on Carter's lap was in my head, making me feel uncomfortable & I just had to get out of there. The thing about me is I get angry & if I don't walk away I tend to snap & usually say something I regret or sometimes, I do something I can't take back. I'm a pretty even tempered guy, for the most part, except when it comes to people I care about or if it involves my insecurities. I had insecurities when it came to women & especially now, I felt like I couldn't give Demi what Carter could. I was scared of losing her to him.

Now, I was here, alone, unsure of where to go or what to do. I should call someone to pick me up, but most everyone I knew had been up partying last night so they were probably all still asleep. I could call my mom but then she would ask a million questions I wasn't ready to answer yet.

I pulled out my phone & started scrolling through my contacts. Just as I was about to start a text to Jay, I heard a familiar voice, "Hey, Sexy. You going my way?" I looked up to see Demi's car at the curb & her watching me with a serious look on her face as she sat in the driver's seat of her car.

I tried not to smile, but I know my mouth twitched a little before I looked away

I tried not to smile, but I know my mouth twitched a little before I looked away. "I'm good, thanks." I said, trying to sound like I wasn't amused by her.

"Come on, Nick. You have to get in so I can explain." Demi put her car into park & got out. She came around to the side that was closest to the curb & leaned on her car. "Where you gonna go?" She asked, crossing her arms.

I took a deep breath as I looked down the street. "Home."

"