chapter 23

a/n: hey guys another update here, i honestly already figure out this story until the end, but rn im not in a place to actively be on wattpad all the time. anyways, enjoy!

<><><>

     Time had flown by and in the haze being swarmed in activities like polishing her college application essays, completing tons of AP homework, and holding yet another meeting with the Student Council, the dreaded Monday had arrived. November as a month was supposed to be something that Ginny usually anticipated, planning with the Student Council to hold another trick or treats by selling candies throughout the school or throwing a costume party at the beginning of November right after Halloween (with tickets, of course, because maintaining the Council's treasury was Ginny's first and foremost priority). But everything was ruined by none other than Axel Yamazaki.

After that disastrous meeting with Principal Carson, Ginny had made it her mission to stay lowkey and out of the principal's radar. It could have ended in a worse disaster like the principal finally getting sick of her holding over the weight of her past achievements over his head and choosing to let the car egging incident with Daniel tarnish her academic records.

The old man more often than not had frustrated the hell out of her living being, but Ginny was well aware that everyone had their limits. As she parked her car in the school's parking lot, her eyes scanned the mostly still empty lot, making sure that she was fully alone. For this day Ginny had painstakingly made sure that she had arrived extra early to school, her quirk to convince herself that she was in control of the situation if she had more time than the rest of the town who might as well just started their daily morning routine. She fished for her phone from her tote bag, stuffing her hand into it, and started to rummage. Even after organizing her bag's content into almost every available compartment, Ginny still had a hard time finding her phone as her hand rummaged through her bag. Panic started to seize her and as her finger grazed the familiar texture of her phone's screen, her heartbeat started to slow down. Picking up her phone she unlocked it and heaved a sigh, staring into the phone.

"I'm really going to make this phone call again, am I?" she asked to herself, seeing her weary eyes reflected across the rearview mirror. After another minute had passed while she was engaged in an inner debate, Ginny might as well choose to say fuck it and defeat her fears. Mark had been right, it was time to not let her professionalism get compromised by her past problems (read: her huge ass grudge towards Axel), or else it would have jeopardized everything she had worked so hard for in order to pave her way out of the small-town life. Well her father hadn't exactly said those words, but Ginny knew that if she wanted to stay out of anger management classes for good, she would have to address her issues with her former best friend.

Issues that certainly stemmed from her discreet bitterness towards her birth parents, who had given up on her, and that wound would forever be festering if she did not talk about it at all.

Shaking her head, Ginny started to scroll through her contacts until she found Axel's name. Before it dawned upon her realization about the mistake she was about to make, Ginny called him. It was going to be different, since this time she was approaching him with clear intentions to offer ceasefire because these days they clearly were standing in a stalemate. None of the others was willing to back down for their own terms (that Ginny hadn't informed the rest of the Student Council about) their agreement to work for the fundraising event. Not to mention that by the end of the month Ginny would have to milk out every single penny worth from the Halloween festive that was going on around the town.

"You're really petty, you know that?" Ginny immediately fired up the moment she heard the line connected. "If you wanted to take out your issues with me, do it, but don't drag any of my Student Council friends into any of it."