chapter 29

a/n: as of this chapter, we have 4 left before the end plus an epilogue. whew, i hope you guys enjoy this story. today is the release date of red taylor's version and i have been writing while listening to the whole album on repeat. now i'm going to cry after posting this, thank you for readers who still stayed.

***

"Pres, I can't sleep."

Abby's rather loud voice reached Ginny's earlobes and effectively pulled her out of the sleep that was slowly engulfing her consciousness. "Abby, I'm trying to sleep. We have a big day tomorrow and yes we are going to skip school."

Saying that today was a rough day would definitely qualify as understatement of the year in Ginny's books. The day had started rather well and school hours ended on a high note given the successful meeting. The momentary getaway with Daniel which Ginny initially thought to be a short break from all the chaos going on in her life turned out to be the calm for the storm she did not anticipate.

After the pseudo meeting held in Bridget's bedroom which was way too pink themed for any normal people to be comfortable in, the gang decided to sleep over in Daniel's house. The Smith-Walker's home had way too many empty spare bedrooms that were usually reserved for guests who attended their parties. Clara and Jacqueline stayed in a room placed right beside Ginny and Abby's while the boys (like Noah) stayed at the other wing of the house. The gender divide for the rooming system was all courtesy of Daniel's butler, Andrew, who was rather a stickler at upholding the morals which he deemed had considerably loosened during the 21th century.

It was just that nobody expected that their roommate system for the sleepover would be arranged based on Victorian era social conduct. But Ginny could see the reason why Daniel turned out to be way less insufferable than the average rich white boys in rich white privilege families.

Ginny received a text from her mother that paparazzi were starting to close into their home. Bridget was right, her identity got doxxed on Twitter. All the years of tireless effort of removing her online presence just easily got flushed in the drain. The power of rabid fangirls and paparazzi combined, obviously.

Even though Bridget was clearly a very famous model who was also in a self-imposed getaway from the media scrutiny, her and Daniel's family wealth gave access to the high level security that none of the rest could afford. Ginny could not help but to feel a sense of relief that once again, Daniel swooped in to help her save the day. Not just for her, but for Jacqueline as well.

Her family was rather shitty for sending her away to live with an uncle—as kind as Melissa's father—was unequipped with the wealth and access to security which should be provided for a high profile celebrity in hiding.

"I know, but I can't help thinking that something is wrong," Abby replied.

They were sleeping on the same bed (a huge king sized one), but the bed was big enough for their feet not to touch each other's. Ginny shuffled and rolled her body to face Abby, who was already facing Ginny as she lay down on her side. "Abby, I think it is safe to say that everything has gone wrong."

"I know that, but Pres, you're scared for so long. Scared that the world figured out who you are and now...you are exposed. You're doxxed on the Internet and somehow, you're so calm. I can't sleep because I am itching to figure out who is behind it. My gut feeling tells me that it's someone local, perhaps a vengeful student in Clover Springs High who is out to get you. Noah's ex-girlfriend, perhaps."

Ginny thought of Valencia Rosenberg. Nobody knew that Axel was attending Clover Springs High under a rather poor disguise, but the rumors would certainly be spread around. Ginny had yet to keep up with the newest updates on Clover Springs High rumor mill, she had more than enough on her plate. Abby was right though, Valencia was easily one of the top suspects. She was powered by spite and petty revenge towards Ginny.