chapter 06

a/n: here's the update as promised. what u guys think of ginny? i hope y'all don't find her too insufferable.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Is it just me, or you are in a good mood?" Abigail Carmichael, Ginny's treasurer in the Student Council, asked. "The coffeemaker in the Student Council room is still broken and yet you seem too...happy."

Of course, it was bound for someone to notice that Ginny could not stop her mouth to stretch into a smile. The kind of smile that made her seemed like a deranged serial killer who was glad to score another victim. Or like an evil author who just figured out a plot twist to surprise their readers.

They were standing in front of their school's vending machine, which Ginny had to basically subtly threaten Principal Carson to agree with the Student Council's proposal for that vending machine to exist. Her smile almost faded when it seemed that the vending machine would not cooperate.

"I am totally in a good mood," Ginny replied without turning her head to Abby. She sure hoped that she did not just jinx it. "Why?"

"You beat Daniel in another test or you're just glad that Carson isn't after your ass anymore?"

Apparently, word got out that Ginny had somehow scored a cooperation from Axel Yamazaki, one of the lead singers of Colossal Beat. Almost no one remembered their friendship and Ginny thanked her lucky stars that everyone seemed to be experiencing amnesia in regards of their former friendship. They only remembered the version of him after his fame and she was completely okay about that small yet significant fact.

"Is it bad that I'm just smiling or being happy in general?"

This time, Ginny turned her head to face her Student Council colleague. With her tall height (5'9 to be precise and was an anomaly in the usually short Asian genes), Ginny easily towered Abby. Her petite stature and her pixie cut hairstyle reminded Ginny of a fairy. Not the kind of lost fairy like Jacqueline, more like Tinkerbell type. Abby's sneaky personality-in which she would be glad to add a curveball for Ginny to subdue during Student Council meetings-help to perpetuate the Tinkerbell persona.

"Um, honestly, Pres, the fact that you're smiling and chilling just don't compute. Like seeing someone dipping their French fries into ice cream and eat it," Abby simply replied with her usual shrug.

Ginny kicked the left side of the vending machine and only then, the canned coffee rolled down into the slot. She flicked it open with her finger and immediately grabbed the cold can. "Finally, caffeine. I'm ignoring your gross comparison of me and eating French fries with ice cream because I'm in a good mood."

"It's as if you're convincing yourself that you're in a good mood, but you're just one step away from mental breakdown."

As much as she wanted to step on Abby's leg for it, she was not entirely wrong. Sometimes, Ginny relied on putting up a smiling or snarky façade to conceal her inner turmoil. Or just kept burying herself into her monstrous pile of work and ignore her problems.

Sometimes, she regretted of taking the seat in Student Council. Her colleagues were bunch of misfits that were sort of competent (in a way like Bunny Eared Lawyers were), but terrible combination of personalities if she wanted to maintain order in meetings. They were scarily competent when it comes to stretch her patience into paper thin, special mention to Daniel.

Speaking of the devil, the boy just stepped into the school's empty hallway. It was mandatory for every Student Council member to at least be forty-five minutes earlier every Friday than the rest of the Student Body. A rule that Ginny enforced to torture her colleagues (she sacrificed her beauty sleep for that, but oh well), and for them to hold short morning meetings before class starts.