chapter 19

a/n: here is the double update i promised you. and trust me, you all will love this chapter.

<><><>

 "Pres, you're going to just ignore that?" one of the sophomore boys, Ulysses Ward (his name was so ridiculous Ginny often had to hold back her laugh while saying it), asked. He looked genuinely worried, the way his forehead creased and his mouth pulled downward. He probably thought that Ginny had genuinely lose her mind. In the wake of recent events, it was a fucking surprise that she still stayed sane. "I mean, it is probably important."

The whole room looked at Ginny with questioning gazes and she was honestly tempted to grab for the one meter ruler and slammed it down against the table just to make them stop. However, Ginny needed to prove to everyone and herself that she was not cracking under the pressure. Fuck it, she decided against violence and instilling fear, so she just put up her usual eerie smile. "I am more than sure it is just Principal Carson who wanted to call me into his office to discuss about the recent development regarding our plan to invite Axel to perform. Let's just say that it is a whole ass debate that I am in no mood to rehash with him again. And given that we are still stuck due to the road block which is funding problems, I definitely don't have any more good news to share with him."

The whole room's gazes moved to the intercom installed right up on the ceilings, which just repeated the same announcement as before.

"Who are you and what the fuck did you do to our President?" Abby, as usual, was the one who ended up speaking up in a very crass way. "Seriously, but you are right. We are still facing a roadblock and like I said earlier, we are not going to compromise the Student Council's funds."

"First option is that we drafted a damn proposal for the school board in order for them to consider giving us funds instead of upgrading the sports club's facilities. Penelope, make sure to write that down," Ginny ordered, pointing her finger at Penelope's direction. The Student Council secretary merely nodded as a reply and started to open her black notebook and clicked her pen to write everything down. "Unless it is completely necessary, I do not authorize to accept Daniel's offer to personally fund this event."

"Pres, I already agreed to lend my help, what is the problem?" Daniel asked and Ginny sensed there was a dangerous undertone rippling beneath the smoothness of his words. If there was anyone that Ginny knew could polish his words, it was Daniel. "Or you don't trust me to do it out of my own merit, probably thinking that this is another favor I will take a note of to cash in later on in the future?"

"Daniel, don't make everything about you," Ginny replied with a sigh, she honestly did not want to fight anyone. Their schedule and workload were already tight to say the least and if Ginny did not immediately clear up this issue right during the meeting, everything would be a mess. "I just...don't want anyone, well you in particular, to feel like we are squeezing the hell out of your considerable resources."

Or Ginny just did not want to accept the obvious help she needed out of pride. Inwardly she made a mental note to list down the pros and cons of accepting Daniel's help. By then, she would not have to grovel on her knees in front of Axel and begged to be reasonable about the amount he would charge for seriously underfunded high school organization.

Daniel of course, only raised his eyebrows, clearly well aware that Ginny had yet to say the full truth. But he did not press it any further, much to Ginny's relief. As much as he turned out to be a crushable human bean, that did not discounted the fact that he was one of the best people to rile her up. "Alright, but don't expect me to just drop this, Pres."

Of course he had to say something vague and cryptic that would invite the curiosity of the whole Student Council. And now everyone was staring at them like they were as interesting as the new episode of their favorite TV shows. Ginny rolled her eyes, picking up her planner and flip it to the other page. "Aside from funding, anyone want to volunteer another idea for the theme aside from Ancient Rome? I need two more alternatives so we can actually vote for which—"