chapter 04

a/n: my laptop almost broke but i managed to save it and here is the update. still have 10 more stock chapters and still going strong. i know it is long overdue and enjoy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Sometimes Ginny forgot that Axel's visibility was...off the charts. The guy was practically everywhere and she was not even exaggerating. On the billboards, magazines, even the television, there was no place she could virtually escape from his freaking face. It was hard to erase his presence, so she decided to erase whatever proof of their past as best as she could.

She tried to bury him (metaphorically speaking of course), but if there was one thing she knew, the universe was adamant to belittle her efforts. The photo albums and frames boxed away and left to dust in the attic of her house were the living proof of her trying to erase him. To erase the messed up history between them in one fell swoop.

And the fact that his merchandise doll was sitting right next to Principal Carson's laptop on his desk disturbed her. How could she be more irked at that damn doll than the situation Daniel landed themselves in? Her glowing academic record could be jeopardized just because of a busted prank. A prank that costed her attendance in the Student Council mandatory weekly meeting.

"Ginny, I'm honestly disappointed at your behavior this afternoon. Engaging into a childish prank with Daniel here," Principal Carson exclaimed as he clasped both his bands and rested his head on them. "And you, Daniel, I thought you are way past your trouble making days. Your family had paid a hefty amount to keep you out of trouble and it seems you're back to square one."

Beside her, Daniel only smiled and nodded at everything Principal Carson was saying. His hand were stuffed into his pants' pocket Ginny knew better that he did not actually care about Principal Carson's opinion. Either way, the way his mouth curled into that side smile she was so familiar with, showed that he enjoyed Principal Carson's frustration.

Something told Ginny that the principal was disappointed that she adamantly refused to make use of her organizational skills (or unknowingly to him, her history with Axel) to get him perform for the Clover Springs High fundraising event. It was a wonder that everyone forgot Ginny and Axel were close once upon a time. To be fair, the last time they were seen walking to school together when they were fifth graders. When middle school happened, Ginny was on the advanced placement track while Axel was not. They were already worlds apart even before his fame skyrocketed into the stratosphere.

And then of course, the summer before high school, he was scouted by a music producer who saw him covering songs at YouTube, changing the map of Ginny's life as well. The rest, as they say, was history.

"We had to postpone the meeting now because of you both and Henry, your VP, is clearly sweating when he found out you weren't there to save the whole presentation," Principal Carson remarked, his hand covered his mouth as he cleared his throat. "It is interesting that Daniel, your liaison officer, can work better with you than Mr. Wells ever do. Or maybe you choose the wrong running mate back then."

"I don't see how my decisions regarding the Student Council members are relevant to this conversation we're having," Ginny retorted, finding her patience thinning as she raised her head. Her chin tilted up as she stared into Principal Carson's eyes. She may had been an excellent student with her stellar grades and recipient of 'Best Student Award' for the last three years, but she was not scared to live up to her reputation as the Spartan President.

"I see it relevant as you are still refusing to use your skills to find a way to get a celebrity perform in our school for fundraising event!"

"If you think that I have the resources to get Axel Yamazaki-" Lord even his name tasted bitter in her mouth "-to perform for Clover Springs High, then you are sorely wrong. I apologize for that."