Chapter Six ~ The pole

Amelia had been so tired in the end that she had cried herself to sleep right where she was. It wasn't until around midnight that she had woken up again to the strangest sound.

She looked up in wonder as she realised that her fireplace was somehow well-lit with fresh wood.

Neither her or her roommates could afford such a luxury so naturally she was very confused about just how it had happed. After all, even if her roommates had managed to scrape up the money, they never would have spent it on her.

As she looked around to try to find the source of the miracle that greeted her, Amelia noticed something out of the corner of her eye. A glimmer of light that appeared to be coming closer towards her and when it had, Amelia let out a squeal of fright as she quickly got up and dashed behind the couch.

"Amelia it's ok! I'm a friend of Eve's."

Said the creature in its little high-pitched voice.

"But...what..I-I mean.... w-who are you?"

Amelia questioned as she gingerly began to come out of her hiding spot and internally chastised herself for being rude.

"I'm Livie. Eve's Guardian fairy!"

Amelias jaw could have landed on the floor.

"You mean fairies are real too?" She asked as her eyes grew impossibly wider.

Livie looked at her as if she had asked if trees grew from the ground.

"Well I'm here aren't I? Or are you seeing things?"

She asked, waving her hands in front of her face.

Amelia giggled.

"Sorry I just... well I'd started to think that maybe none of this...stuff... was real."

The fairy scoffed.

"Real? Of course it's real. You haven't seen anything yet my dear."

Amelia felt confused at that as she frowned.

"What do you mean?"

The fairy grinned as she reached out her tiny hand.

"Why the North Pole of course! Are you ready to go?"

Amelia could hardly believe her ears.

"Are you sure it's ok?" She asked tentatively as the fairies eyes softened.

"She said you where a kind one, but this." She sighed.

"Of course it's ok! Now come along, we don't have all day!" She chastised as she grabbed onto Amelias finger.

Just as soon as the small creature had touched her, the world around Amelia began to change.

It was a feeling that Amelia couldn't have possibly described, and one that she couldn't have imagined in her wildest of dreams either.

One moment they had been in her dingy units little lounge room and the next, WAM! They where floating in some kind of galaxy bubble, and the world felt as if it was folding into her in all sorts of strange ways that seamed to make her stomach feel nauseous. But even that didn't last for long until suddenly, Amelia had found herself standing in the snow!

The first thing that started to bring her back to her senses was the tut-tutting of the imp like creature as she grabbed at her sleeve.

"Now-now this simply won't do! We fairies are made to stand the colder climates around here, but you humans can never go to long without proper preparation."