Chapter Thirty ~ Please

"Amelia no!" Livie cried as she watched in horror as her friend dove in front of the woman in the crowd and took the hit for her.

Amelia stood still for a moment as she looked at the fairy in shock before her eyes rolled back and her body crumpled to the ground.

"Amelia!" Livie cried again as she flew over to her and placed her tiny hands on her cheek.

"Cmon Amelia, you can't go out like this. I don't know if you can hear me but I'm really mad at you for doing something so.... So darn you. You don't deserve to die!" The fairy said in -between her sobs.

When she heard Patrick yelling again, likely about to try to use his magic once more, Livie turned to him and pushed him onto the ground with her rage filled magic before she turned back to her friend.

But sadly, one fairies magic wasn't enough to stop him, he was determined to get his revenge as he stood again and aimed his magic at the crowd.

Livie got herself up as she cried and got her hands ready for a duel, knowing fully well that she too would likely die, but when the doors to the room suddenly flew open and none other than Eve appeared, Livie gave Patrick a glare.

"Oh, now your going to get it." She she said as Eve stormed up to him and with one snap of her Santa magic, made him entirely disappear from sight. Eve smirking as he went.

"And that's, what it feels like to disappear you dick." She said as she stopped and looked around the room, surprised to see such a crowd.

She looked up to where the Christmas council stood, feeling confused when she saw their solem faces, looked back at the crowd, noticing that some of them where crying and others had taken off their hats and placed them on their chests.

Finally, as she scanned the room to try and find the source of the sadness in the room, her eyes fell upon her guardian fairy, who was currently a sobbing mess as she tried to wake up... Amelia?

"Amelia?" Eve said, her voice coming out broken as she raced up to the girl she adored and collapsed onto her knees beside her.

"Oh my god what's wrong with her?!" She demanded as she turned to her guardian fairy for answers, but Livie could barley speak as she shook her head.

Eve noticed than, the blood that had pooled around Amelia's small frame as she gasped and saw stars, Eve quickly took her coat off and pressed it to her wound as she cried and placed a gentle hand on the fading girls cheek.

"Amelia, it's Eve. Please be ok, I can't loose you!" Eve cried before she looked around her in desperation.

"Please, someone help!" She begged. The healer fairies snapped out of their solem daze to rush over to her and begin to asses the wound. Everyone had just assumed that she had already died, but Eve could feel a heart beat and that's all she needed to know that she wouldn't be giving up on her love. She'd never give up on her.

"Should we get her to the hospital?" Eve asked in a panic, her voice cracking on every word.

One of the healers shook their head.

"No, to the infirmary. Only magic can help her now." She said seriously as Eve nodded and carefully picked Amelia up as they rushed her to one of the many rooms in her home.

She placed her on the hospital bed and looked at her with desperation in her yes.

Please, please, please oh god please just be ok. She thought as she started to find it hard to breath.

"Come now Eve, you need to let us work." One of the healers said as she gently guided the shaking woman out of the room and looked at her with pity.

"P-Please, just... save her." Eve begged as the fairy nodded and flew back in, closing the door behind her as Eve collapsed onto her knees in front of it and cried. Livie sobbing into her shoulder ass they both waited for the healers to finish their work.

"Livie, will she... will she be ok?" Eve asked her guardian fairy who tried to stop her sobs as she looked at Eve sadly.

"I... I don't know Eve. I really hope so though." She replied as they both continued to cry until they hadn't any tears left to shed. Eve sniffled as she sat there in shock. Her thoughts where racing but her mind felt numb as she stared at the door between her and her love.

After all this time, after everything they'd been through, Amelia couldn't just... die. Could she? Eve hadn't had anywhere near enough time with her yet, hadn't been able to tell her enough just how much she loved her. Hadn't been able to show her as much and there was just so much left she wanted to do. So much left to say, but she was dying, and sitting there, staring at the door... there was nothing that Eve could do about it.

Unfortunately Santa magic couldn't be used to heal such a heavy wound, only fairy magic could do that and only a healer fairy might have enough magic and know-how to attempt such a thing. So all Eve could do is sit there and hope and prey and beg the stars to grant mercy on the sweetest most deserving girl there ever was.

When the doors finally opened Eve looked up at the healer fairies who flew out of the room, closing the door behind them before Eve could try to look for her love.

"Is... is she...?" Livie asked as Eve struggled to form words in her panic. But when the fairy smiled, Eve finally took in the breath she hadn't even known she hadn't taken since they came out of the infirmary.

"Yes, thankfully she is ok. She will need a lot of time to heal and plenty of rest, but she got lucky this time." The fairy in command said as she wiped the sweat from her brow and Eve all almost collapsed from relief as she mumbled her thanks to the fairies and opened the door before she ran into the room and knelt beside Amelia's bedside, watching over her as she slept.

"Oh Amelia, I thought I'd lost you there. Please get some rest and Ill be right here, I promise." Eve said as she gently placed her hand on top of her loves and rested her head down beside it. Allowing herself to give into the exhaustion she felt.