Chapter Seventeen ~ Plans

Eve's spirit began to fall flat as her exhausted to-be guardian fairy collapsed on her shoulder.

She was technically not her guardian fairy yet, as guardian fairies where only officially assigned to the next Santa. But Livie didn't care, she certainly wasn't loyal to Patrick and Eve was way more deserving of her loyalty than he was.

"We do have proof of that as well." Livie said, looking back in annoyance at the Council for not having believed them.

"Oh yes? And where is that proof?"

The same member that had first addressed them asked.

"It's... well it's... in my great grandmothers stories."

The council looked entirely unimpressed at the fairy.

"What? You expect us to believe such a serious accusation, based on an old wives tale?! Blasphemy this is blasphemy I say!" He exclaimed.

"Well if that's not proof enough for you, we shall simply have to find you more."

Eve fired back, feeling rather annoyed now herself as she stormed out of the hall.

"Honestly, you'd think the fact that Patrick kept me as a prisoner for all of those years and how you disappeared right before they where about to take his powers away and give them to you, would be more than enough evidence against him." The fairy grumbled.

Eve sighed.

"Apparently it's not." She replied as the fairy crossed her arms and huffed.

"Well... now what?" Livie asked.

"Now we find the 'evidence' their seeking."

But before Livie could ask just how they where going to do that, Amelia suddenly came running out from the left.

"Eve, Livie, run!" She urged as the two began to follow the girl.

They ran until they simply couldn't run anymore, and that wasn't until they where out of sight of the village completely.

"What....happened....Amelia?"

Eve asked as she panted and tried to catch her breath.

"Well, thankfully when I accidentally fell over that managed to distract the guards for a moment, but they where about to go check in the hall when they realised I was ok, so I started shouting that there where evil bunnies taking over the town square...."

Eve looked at the girl incredulously.

"Evil.... bunnies?" She asked with a raised brow and a grin.

Amelia blushed as she crossed her arms and pouted.

"It's safe to say that didn't work either so I may have um....."

Eve smirked as she looked at Amelia with her eyes full of absolute adoration for the adorable girl in front of her.

"Yes?" She pressed.

Amelia blushed even brighter at that.

"I may have thrown snow balls at them while yelling about the bunnies." She concluded.

Livie couldn't help it. She laughed.

Whether it was the hysterical kind or the kind where you've just found something so incredibly funny that you simply can not stop, no one knew, but stop she could not and soon Eve joined her, causing Amelia to blush harder as she pouted, but couldn't help but to grin a little as well.

Eve collapsed onto the snow and Amelia soon followed suit.

"That's got to be the cutest way of distracting guards I've ever heard." Eve said, causing Amelia to blush harder as she hid her face in her hands.

Eve was about to tease her more, rather enjoying the effect it had on her adorable cheeks, when Amelia cut her off by mumbling into her hands.

"What about you two? How did it go?
She asked eagerly, hoping to change the subject.

Eve sighed.

"Not great actually. They did believe us about where I've been for the past two years, but they didn't believe us about Patrick, even after all the terrible things his openly done."

Amelia frowned at that and sighed.

"Eve I'm so sorry. But I promise that I'm not giving up on this. I'm sure that we will be able to find some way to prove it to them, and than they'll simply have to do something about it."

Eve nodded.

"The issue is, I don't really know where to go from here, but maybe we could start by filling me in on Livie's 'great-grandma' situation?"

Amelia blushed bright red once again as she realised that in all their haste they hadn't told Eve everything they'd learnt on their honey to find her.

"Oh of course! I'm sorry Eve, in all the ruckus we must have forgotten to mention it."

Eve scoffed.

"No need for an apology, that's honestly understandable. So what was the story Livie's grandma told her about Patrick?"

Amelia nodded.

"Well it wasn't about Patrick directly... it was actually about his great-grandfather."

Amelia wasted no time in filling Eve in, and once Eve had been all caught up about how Patrick's great-grandfather had cast the very same spell as Patrick had cast on Eve, Eve had begun to think of another plan.

"Actually, now that I understand what's going on here... I think I might have an idea."

"Yeah?"

Amelia asked.

"In the house I used to live in, before Patrick cast me out, their where archives of the history of the North Pole in the library."

Amelia nodded in understanding.

"So your thinking if we can get ourselves in there and find a historical document that recounts Livie's tale, we might just be able to save the pole?" She asked.

"Exactly." Eve clarified.

"Brilliant Eve, but how are we going to get in?"

Eve thought for a moment.

"Well... I do know about a certain secret passageway that leads from the basement under the house, into the house itself, so we could always try that. But it will be dangerous Amelia, are you sure you want to come?"

Amelia held out her hands for Eve to hold as the older of the two took them, a hint of red colouring her own cheeks at the gesture.

"Eve I'm not going to leave you to do this alone. I only just got my friend back and I'm not planning on letting you go again so soon."

Eve beamed as she began to get lost in the other girls eyes as her cheeks grew even redder from her attention.

"Alright than. If we're going to do this, than we had better do it quickly." Livie interrupted their moment.

"After all, there is just a little over three weeks left before Christmas and things certainly need to be fixed before than."

Amelia saluted the fairy with an 'ey ey cap'tain' and laughed at the grumble she received in return.

Although things seamed to continue getting harder as the went, Amelia knew better than to give up hope completely.

After all, she had never felt more hopeful than when she was with her first love and her newfound fairy friend.

She was certain that they would make it. As long as they just kept trying together.