Chapter Nine ~ A Quest

Amelia sighed as she brought her hand to her forehead.

"I don't know." She said, sounding rather dejected.

"What do you think?" She asked the fairy.

The fairy huffed and rolled up her sleeves, as if to show her might, as she flew towards the carving and landed right on top of it.

"Well, the necklace must have a reason for it. So I suppose we should investigate."

Amelia walked up to Livie and sat down beside her. Though, the more they looked at the carvings, the more incredibly lost they felt.

"Do you think that perhaps they are simply meant to be clues, or are we supposed to actually do something with it?" She asked.

But she got no response from the fairy who continued to pace back and forth on the plaque.

So Amelia continued to stare, until at one point, she had a bit of a thought. Seemingly entranced by the innately carved pictures, she began to reach her hand towards the one that had drawn her eyes closer.

It was the carving of a hand that had a heart carved into it. Amelia had felt as if she had been called towards it, and all of a sudden she found that she knew exactly what to do. So, with baited breathe, she placed her own hand onto it and pushed. They where a prefect fit, as if it had been made with her hand exactly in mind. At first Amelia had thought that her plan must have been a silly one when nothing at all happened, but when she pushed down a little harder, she heard the satisfying sound of a notch locking into place, and before she could even a chance to scream, the floor that she had been sitting on gave way underneath her and she was dumped into somewhere unknown.

"Well... that was quite the shocker."

The fairy broke the silence.

All Amelia could manage in her surprised state was a nod.

"Well done girl. That was very clever of you!"

Livie added as she brushed herself off and offered Amelia a hand.

"That's alright, I'm fine thank you."

Amelia replied, not wanting to embarrass the fairy that she was quite certain with their obvious size difference, wouldn't be able to actually help her up at all.

"Where do you suppose we are now?"

Amelia asked as she looked around her, but it was hard to see in the dim light that leaked in ever so slightly from the hole in the floor they had fallen through.

"I'm not too sure, but we should keep following the light, Cmon!" Livie beckoned, and Amelia dutifully followed her. She didn't like the foreboding thought of not knowing weather her next step would be a safe one, but she had to get to Eve and make sure that she was ok.

Nothing else mattered.

So she summoned up her courage and kept on.

After some time Amelia stopped and clutched her heart in fright as the fairy ahead of her let out a sudden squeal.

"What is it Livie?!" Amelia asked.

"Sorry, I bumped into some kind of wall."

She answered as Amelia walked up to her to take a look.

"Hmm, surely the tunnel can't just end here. We've come all this way." She said, her voice quivering a little in worry.

But than, upon closer inspection, Amelia could just make out a symbol similar to the one from before. Once again she felt drawn towards it, as if her whole hand wouldn't stop tingling until it met with the strange carving. So she placed her hand upon it, and once again, pushed.