Chapter Twenty-Three ~ Holograms

When Eve finally got done with her work for the day, she yawned and stretched as she decided to get some fresh air. Being cooped up in an office speaking with so many fairies about their Christmas plans was not exactly her cup of tea. If she where being honest Eve might even had admitted that she would have much preferred to be working on her inventions or spreading time with Amelia, because apart from Amelia, she just wasn't a super 'people' person. But, she was Santa now, so she kind of had to be.

Eve sighed as she put on her coat and made her way out of the front door, fully intending to go for a quick walk in the cold afternoon air, but when she heard a sudden scream, her afternoon lull was jolted awake as she immediately began running towards the direction of the voice.

"Hello?" Eve called out as she looked around frantically for the source of the scream, when she realised that there was someone at the bottom of the hill that was hurt, Eve thought on her feet, grabbing a nearby sled, taking a run up than jumping on it as she sped down the hill to the ground below it.

When she got there she jumped off the sled and rushed up to the unconscious woman.

When she got closer and realised just who the girl was, Eve felt her heart skip a beat in her chest.

"Amelia?" She asked as she cupped her head with her hand and placed the other one onto her cold cheek.

"Amelia are you ok?" She asked desperately.

When Amelia gave a little high pitched groan and began to blink open her eyes, Eve sighed in relief.

"Hmm.... W-What happened?" She asked in a daze as Eve frowned at her in concern.

"You fell down the hill, are you ok?" She asked, and when Amelia nodded she nodded back.

"Ok. Here, let me help you stand." Eve said as she helped the girl up, but when she wobbled a little on her feet Eve was quick to use her hands to steady her.

"Woah, you ok now?" She asked as Amelia bit her lip and nodded.

"M'fine." She mumbled, but when she turned to look at the hill she'd have to climb in order to get back up, she went a little pale.

"Hey." Eve said as she cupped her cheek to look at her.

"You don't seam ok." Eve added as she looked her up and down, trying to decipher if she had any visible injuries from the fall.

But it wasn't just the fall that was making Amelia feel dizzy. It was Eve holding her face, looking at her and, licking her lips as she roamed her eyes over her only to meet back at her own weakened ones.

What was it that this woman did to her? Amelia wondered in her daze as she found herself getting rather lost in her first loves eyes.

"Amelia?" She thought she'd heard something, but right than all she cared about was those sparkly blue pools she wanted nothing more than to dive right into.

"Ah... earth to Amelia?" Eve repeated as her frown of concern for the girl she loved deepened.

When Eve drew even closer and whispered in her ear, that's when Amelia's legs turned to jelly on the spot.

"Amelia?" She asked in the most sultry voice Amelia had ever heard, when Eve pulled back and noticed just how wobbly she was, her eyes grew wide as she quickly caught her in her arms when her legs gave way.

"Woah there. It's ok, I've got you." She said as she used her powers to fly into the air and carry her bridal style into her home and towards her room.

Amelia was drenched and clearly freezing cold as she shook violently in her arms. She had to get her warm, and thankfully she had a way to do that.