Chapter Twenty-Seven ~ Sweet

Eve had been working the morning away with the fairies, but when she'd noticed the weather outside turning rather bad, she asked them to go and check on the people of the pole and bring them anything they needed during the storm as she herself went to check on her love.

Surely she wouldn't have gone out today with the weather being so bad. She thought to herself, but she still wanted to make absolutely certain that she was ok.

When she peaked into her room though, there was no Amelia to be found. So she looked around the large home, getting more and more panicked when she still hadn't found her.

When she bumped into Livie she asked if she'd seen her but she hadn't, Eve grabbed her snow coat and went outside to look for her as did Livie and some of the other fairies.

Eve was worried out of her mind. She knew how bad these storms could get and was worried that Amelia must have gotten lost in it and she was likely freezing to death as Eve looked frantically for her.

It was only when she tripped over something, and realised it was a small girl curled up into a little ball, that Eve realised she had found her.

She quickly scooped her up into her arms and made her way as quickly as she could back into the house, the fairies following along as she called out to them saying that she had found her.

"Livie, please bring the doctor." Eve asked her guardian fairy who gave her a solemn nod before flying off into the storm.

Having grown up in the harsh climate of the pole during winters herself, Eve thankfully knew what to do in this situation.

She brought Amelia to her room and used her magic to strip off her wet clothes whilst she turned her back. She than used her magic to put on her pjs and brought the blankets over her pale and shaking form as she sat on the side of the bed and placed a hand on her forehead, frowning when it felt too hot for someone so cold.

When Livie brought the local doctor to Amelia's room, she sighed in relief as he got to work checking her vitals.

"Well, she has a nasty fever." He concluded as Eve grew even more concerned about her love.

"How do we stop it?" She all but begged as she doctor sighed.

"You'll need to keep her warm, plenty of fluids when she wakes up and make certain that she takes two of these every four hours. If you do that, it should pass. But if it gets any worse despite this, let me know and I'll come back."

The doctor instructed as Eve nodded and thanked him before he went on his way.

Eve sighed as she got herself onto Amelia's bed and wrapped her arms around her, pulling her into her chest as she did her best to keep her sweet girl warm.

"Please be ok." She begged.

She stayed awake watching over her for the rest of the day. She hadn't woken up until four hours had passed and had been fairly out of it when she had. Thankfully Eve had managed to get her to take the pills and some water before she collapsed back into her arms. It wasn't until the early hours of the morning that she awoke again with a violent string of coughs.

Eve had stayed up again to keep an eye on her and make sure that she took her pills so she was ready to help when she awoke.

She helped her to take them again and to swallow some water before she snuggled back into her.

Eve found that she wasn't able to keep her eyes open after that as she closed them and allowed herself to get the rest that she two needed. She woke up when the alarm she had set before sleeping went off, signalling that it was once again time for Amelia's pills.

Eve gently woke her up and coaxed her to take them, but this time she didn't collapse straight back to sleep. Instead, she looked at Eve in confusion.

"W-What happened?" She mumbled as Eve sighed and cupped her check with her hand.

"You got stuck in the blizzard and got sick." She said.

"Amelia, why where you out there in the first place?" Eve asked. She wasn't angry, just worried for her, but when she realised that she had sounded it, she sighed again as she pulled her into her arms.

"I'm sorry my love I'm not angry with you, just very concerned. I hate seeing you so hurt."

Amelia sighed into her chest as she snuggled in closer and coughed.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to worry you. I just had to help my friend." Amelia apologised and admitted in -between her coughs.

Eve frowned in confusion at that. Friend? Had Amelia already made one at the pole?

"What friend?" Eve asked curiously.

"Her name is Emily and I was just really worried about her during the storm. I thought she might be too cold and she lives alone so..."

Eve nodded in understanding.

"Do you decided to pay her a visit and make sure she was ok?" Eve clarified as Amelia nodded and she sighed. This girl was too sweet for her own good.

"Well, next time you need to help a friend why don't you let me know so I can get us there and back safely?" Eve asked as Amelia nodded into her chest.

"Good." Eve confirmed.

"So how did you meet your friend?" She asked curiously as Amelia smiled a little.

"She's wonderful Eve. I met her when she was trying to shovel snow off her sidewalk but got back pain so I helped."

Eve chuckled a little as she nodded and pulled Amelia even closer as she ran her hand lightly along her side.

"That sounds like you." She said as Amelia blushed.

"Her name is Emily." She continued.

"And she's really nice." She said happily. Eve couldn't help but to feel a little pang in her heart as Amelia talked about another girl so happily, did she like her more than Eve?

"She's eighty-four and so sweet. I even got to hear some stories about her youth." Amelia finished causing Eve to stiffen and face palm as she laughed at herself.

Ok, nothing to be jealous of than. But everything to love. Amelia was just so cute and sweet, she was too good for this cruel world and all Eve wanted to do was protect her from it.

"You really are sweet you know." Eve said as Amelia quietened as she snuggled deeper into her.

"N-Nope." She protested as Eve chuckled.

"And humble too." She cued as Amelia fully hid her face in her chest.

Eve chuckled again as she hugged her tightly, feeling contentment seep through her as she closed her eyes and the two of them fell asleep in each others arms.