Chapter 7 - The Four Winds

[a/n]

Hello. If you are seeing this, it means that the author had been procrastinating on their studies. The author gave up on understanding the concepts and mechanisms of hypersensitivity so they decided to write instead. Hypersensitivity would be done after the brain functions normally once more.

Enjoy!

. . . . . . . .

"It would appear that we are going to work together, Y/n," the Cavalry Captain said with a charming smile, voice light as he went to stand beside her.

"Yes, it would appear so," she responded blandly, not even looking in his direction.

Out of the corner of her eye, she could see that the blond traveler had glanced at her with concern, his golden eyes briefly flitting over to the tall captain beside her. She shot him a reassuring smile, one which he returned.

Jean's eyes widened when she realized something, her eyes traveling over to the mage standing beside her.

"It would appear that there aren't enough of us to take all three temples at once if we go in pairs," she said slowly. "I cannot go, unfortunately, since I still have several duties to attend to..."

The woman fell silent, her eyes sweeping over to the two foreign travelers that have decided to help them. The room was silent as she pondered, and her eyes grew serious as she reached a decision.

"We will tackle the Temples of Falcon and Wolf first, and whoever has completed them first shall assist Lisa on the last temple. The Temple of the Lion is located just beyond Windrise, at the cliffs near Falcon Coast."

Jean let out a sigh, and the exhaustion that seemed to have been building up finally showed on her face. "The Knights are a bit short-handed at the moment, so I'm afraid neither Kaeya nor Amber will be able to come with you."

Aether and Y/n shared a look before they smiled at the tired woman, bright and reassuring.

"Don't worry. I am sure we will manage just fine," Y/n said, Aether nodding in agreement.

The blonde woman smiled gratefully, a hand rising up to rest on her chest as she dipped her head.

"You have my thanks, travelers," she said, her voice filled with gratitude before it grew serious once more. "Alright, that is all. You know what to do. Let us make haste before Stormterror strikes Mondstadt again."

Jean gave everyone a determined look. "You may leave now. Please stay cautious and be careful."

. . . . . . . .

Y/n and Aether walked out of Jean's office together after the blonde woman had given them a map of Teyvat for their use. She had asked them if they knew where Falcon Coast was and... Suffice to say they had no idea. Or Aether had no idea since Y/n knew the area enough from playing and completing quests back then.

"Where are you going to meet Amber?" Y/n asked, glancing at the blond as they stepped out of the Knight's headquarters and down the short set of stairs.

The said blond let out a hum just as his floating companion spoke up.

"Amber said she is going to meet us at the temple!" Paimon spoke, flying over to hover over the h/c-haired woman's shoulder. "Or did she say to meet up at the gate...?"

"She said to meet her at the temple," Aether explained before turning his head to look at Y/n. "What about you? Did Kaeya tell you where to meet him?"

They descended the steps that lead towards the plaza with the statue, and she let out a contemplative hum.

"The Captain did not tell me where to meet..." she trailed off and then shrugged, unconcerned. "I suppose I'll just go straight to the Temple of the Wolf."