Chapter 9 - The Fatui Diplomats

[a/n]

Someone made fanart of our dear MC, Y/n! The fanart above is made by sullen on Quotev and I think their portrayal of Y/n is absolutely beautiful. Thank you very much for the fanart! Also, please do check out their other works on DeviantArt if you are interested!

Original post: https://www.deviantart.com/pcrown941/art/vulpecula-fanart-884129506?ga_submit_new=10%3A1624977271

. . . . . . . .

Y/n trekked further away from the Temple of the Wolf, walking on the path to head towards the Temple of the Lion. It was located on a cliff above Falcon Coast, and she remembered that there was an air current that was located near those cliffs.

But she also remembered that there were a few hilichurl camps near that area. And they have archer hilichurls in the camp which poses a problem if she got too close. It was easier in the game since she had a whole party with different weapon users, but she was alone there. Her current weapon was not ideal for long-range combat.

She would have to visit the blacksmith once she has enough Mora to pay for a weapon. She was thinking of having the blacksmith forge her a polearm since she always preferred those even back in her world. What was the blacksmith's name again? Wagner?

So for the time being, she decided that she would try to sneak past the hilichurl camp instead. If they noticed her, well, she would cross that bridge when she got there. She stuck close to the walls of the cliffs around Windrise, moving as quietly as possible between the trees to not catch the hilichurls' attention.

It was going smoothly so far and she had managed to sneak past the hilichurls that were loitering on the ground. She was close to the wind current now but she had to leave the trees to go to the wind current.

A branch beneath her feet snapped.

"YAA!"

"Fucking shit!"

Arrows zipped past her head and Y/n immediately sprinted as fast as she could, avoiding getting near as many hilichurls as possible since she really did not want to fight. At the moment, she was outnumbered, and fighting them would waste time.

She ran as fast as she could towards the wind current, cursing at the hilichurls as she did.

"Leave me alone, what the hell?! I didn't even provoke you shits!" she yelled over her shoulder.

The hilichurls chasing her only waved their fiery clubs and wooden shields in response. She willed herself to go faster, still dodging the arrows being shot from the bow-wielding ones and cursing under her breath. Relief filled her when the wind current came just a few steps away, and she opened her wind glider as soon as she lept into the current. The updraft immediately lifted her up from the ground, leaving behind confused hilichurls as she soared higher. Her adrenaline rush made her quickly glide down towards the Temple of the Lion near the edge of the cliffs of Falcon Coast, and she tried to catch her breath as soon as she was back on solid ground.

She basically collapsed on the steps of the temple, heart racing and out of breath. Her eyes flickered beyond the cliff and down to where she was a few seconds ago and sighed when she saw that most of the hilichurls had returned to their camps. Several still loitered around, probably still confused over her abrupt escape.

She slumped and took a deep breath, already winded. Then she looked around the temple entrance and noted that Lisa was no longer at the front of the temple so it probably meant Aether had arrived first to help her out. It made her feel a bit guilty that she was of no help.

How long did she and Kaeya take at the previous temple?

"Hey, hey, is that Y/n?" she heard a high-pitched voice ask. "Ooh, it is! Come on Aether, let's go to her!"