Chapter 5 - Healers and Wind Gliders

The clothing store Amber led them to was of modest size, and the interior looked similar to a rustic modern-day boutique. Clothes hung around the perimeter of the store and Y/n wasn't sure where to start. As she browsed through the store, a contemplative frown decorated her brows. Truth to be told, she wasn't sure if she wanted to wear anything form-fitting like the women in Mondstadt tend to wear. Even back when she was still on earth, she noticed that the Mondstadt style fashion always involved an article of clothing that resembles a corset. And it probably was a corset.

Mondstadt fashion was nice to look at when the characters were wearing it, but now that she, herself, must wear it? It was quite a dilemma she's in. She preferred clothing that still offered room to breathe, like her sleepwear, but she couldn't wander around Mondstadt in such clothing. And since she would engage in combat rather often now, loose articles of clothing could easily be caught on sharp objects.

Even as she had rounded the store twice, much to her dismay, all the clothes they sold require the corset to be worn. If she were to think the reason, she would guess it was probably because bras have yet to be discovered here. But then again, she had seen characters like Fischl and Mona wearing something that looked like a modern bustier so there was similar technology, but not quite there yet. And she must say again, she was lucky she fell asleep with her bra on. But how long can it last if she were to wash and use it repeatedly? Not long at all.

The women's clothes in the store generally looked similar to the one's Amber and Jean wore, and she refuses to wear anything strapless. Too much skin exposure. And it was good potential for some oddly shaped sunburns. Eventually, she settled over a white dress shirt, the top few buttons unbuttoned for it to be less restrictive. A brown corset was worn over the shirt, just around her torso and right below her bust. She also chose tight dark trousers and dark-colored boots that would reach just below her knee. A half-winged cape actually went with the clothes, but she does not know if she wanted to wear them. But at the moment, purely for formality's sake, she wore the cape. She wouldn't want to get the store owner offended.

As she looked into the mirror in the changing room, she sighed when she saw her reflection.

"I look like a pirate," she mumbled dejectedly. "If I wore an eyepatch and a furry blue coat, I will match with Kaeya."

After casting one last look at her reflection, she left the changing room with her sleepwear and boots in hand. She knew she did not look terrible, but she never wore clothes like these back in her world. Clothes like these were a huge step out of her comfort zone, after all, since she nearly never wore anything this form-fitting before. Unless certain situations demand it.

She paid the woman that owned the store with the mora she and Aether had gathered from the hilichurl chests before leaving after thanking the owner.

Outside the store, Aether and Amber were waiting for the h/c-haired woman to finish her transaction. They did not know what she had picked and they were rather looking forward to seeing how she looked. They turned towards the door when they heard it open, and both their eyes widened with awe when they saw her.

Her new clothes fit snugly around her and they highlighted the waist that her loose shirt had hidden. The tight trousers she wore accentuated her legs and made them seem longer. A belt also sat around her waist, her vision hanging from it looking like expensive jewelry. The tassel looked slightly out of place, but it adds personality to her clothing.

Aether thought she looked beautiful—elegant—in her new clothes. And his ears may have turned red at the sight of her exposed upper chest and collarbones.

Amber was surprised to find that the h/c-haired girl looked very regal, despite the clothes that she wore being of simple design. She thought the woman looked like a Knights of Favonius Captain, only lacking the formal regalia that captains usually wore.