Chapter 15 - Arcadian Ruins

[a/n]

Hello, I am not dead! I am so sorry for the late update, so here is a 6.8k word monster chapter.

ALSO sullen from Quotev has made more fan art and I feel very much like a kid in a candy store from all the fan arts made. Thank you so much!

They have drawn Y/n's brothers, Takashi and Tatsuya, and one of herself! I think they look absolutely beautiful and thus simply must show you guys.

Takashi and Tatsuya

Credits: https://www.deviantart.com/pcrown941/art/takahashi-and-tatsuya-891640539

com/pcrown941/art/takahashi-and-tatsuya-891640539

Y/n

Credits: https://www.deviantart.com/pcrown941/art/lost-in-thought-892543990

Please check out their other works if you are interested!

. . . . . . . .

"Kaeya?"

Y/n frowned slightly when the blue-haired captain does not seem to hear her calling him. She had been rather surprised earlier when she saw a small but genuine smile appear on his lips. It was gone as soon as it came, but it was there.

The guarded and careful Kaeya just genuinely smiled at her. The world must be ending.

It would appear that Kaeya was in the same state of shock as she was from the slight crack of his mask, only shooting her his usual flirty smile but saying nothing. Luckily, the sound of approaching footsteps and a familiar high-pitched voice complaining about being hungry soon reached their ears, allowing them to change their focus.

"Aether! You're back!" Kaeya called out once the blond was close, standing up from the stone bench. "Looks like you got the intel."

"Kaeya, Y/n," Aether smiled. "Were you waiting long?"

Y/n shook her head and smiled back as she stood up and went to stand beside him.

"No, we were not," she said and reached out to smooth down a piece of his blond hair that stuck out. "Did you both get the intel?"