Chapter 13 - Pavo Ocellus

"Hey, why doesn't Paimon get a greeting?!" the floating fairy huffed, her arms on her hips. "Paimon wants to be greeted, too!"

Y/n breathed out a laugh before she nodded.

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry," she said with a slight chuckle. "Hello, Paimon."

The fairy smiled. "Hello, Y/n! Okay, now that Paimon's already greeted, let us enter the city!"

The two nodded and began walking.

"How was your commission?" Y/n asked her blond companion whilst they cross the bridge to the city gates. "Everything went well, I hope?"

The blond beside her nodded, arms stretching up.

"It did. Godric only wanted us to bring a letter to Glory and Glory wanted us to collect some dandelion seeds," he said and frowned slightly. "It was not a difficult commission but... I don't understand why Godric won't come back to the city. Is his pride really that important compared to spending time with his blind lover?"

Y/n shrugged and steered the three of them towards Wagner's workshop to give him the ores she had collected.

"Who knows what he is thinking about," she said while slipping her satchel off. "I am sure the citizens would understand if he just returns to the city immediately."

Aether hummed thoughtfully at her words.

"Returning immediately after knowing you were left behind is definitely better than loitering out at Windrise," he agreed. "If he returned now after doing nothing for six months at Windrise, he would be reprimanded for sure."

"He probably would," she said with a nod.

They stopped right at the front of the workbench and called for Wagner's attention. The said blacksmith stopped hammering as he looked up to the three of them.

"Oh, you've returned. You've brought back the crystals I asked, I presume?" he gruffly said, setting down his hammer for a moment.

Y/n nodded and lifted the satchel she was holding up to eye level.

The blacksmith nodded and nodded at an empty table at the side of the workshop.

"Just put the crystals there and I will start working on your polearm's refinements. They will be ready tomorrow," he said and picked up his hammer again. "Now get lost if you have nothing else to say. I'm busy enough."

By now, the three are already used to the blunt blacksmith and quickly left the workshop. They needed to go to the Adventurer's Guild anyway to collect their commission rewards.

"Oh, I haven't asked you about your commission," Aether voiced out loud, turning to his h/c-haired companion with a smile. "How did it go?"

"It went well," she said, returning his smile. "I had to climb several houses for the philanemo mushrooms but that was it."

Aether nodded as he listened and led them to the reception to greet Katheryne and collect their commission rewards. Once they received their monetary compensation, they waved goodbye to the receptionist before going to the Good Hunter for a well-deserved warm meal after doing their commissions. It was already well into the afternoon and they missed lunch so they were quite hungry. Paimon even more so.

"Ooh, can Paimon get a Fisherman's Toast? And a Sweet Madame! And maybe a-!"

"You can only choose one," Y/n quickly interrupted the fairy before Sara could input her extensive order. "We need to save Mora, remember?"