CHAPTER 35 (FINAL)

Chuck remained still, his eyes staring up at the ceiling. I gained the consciousness to cup my mouth with my hand, as I wished I could fall to the ground and forget all this. I felt terrible, responsible and most of all, in pain. Thomas continued to punch Gally, even after he was already lying there, unmoving.

“Floral”.

“Hey Floral.... it’s okay.... it’s not your fault”.

“.....Floral?”.

Minho got up from his crouched position, and slowly walked until he was in front of me. I was drifting off, feeling empty as my eyes were facing his chest, but I couldn’t see anything. Minho looked worried, before he placed his hands on my shoulders and slowly lifted my chin up with his fingers. I was able to snap out of it, and look through my teary eyes.

“It’s not your fault..... It happened too fast for you to comprehend”, he comforted, his face looking solemn and worried.

“He....... meant to kill me...... not Chuck”, I whispered, feeling my heart fall deeper into a pit of black. Minho wrapped his arms around my small frame hugged me tightly to his chest. His face buried into my hair, while my cheek was flat against his chest. I slowly brought my good arm up, and wrapped it around his middle. I couldn’t feel much pain in my broken arm in Minho’s tight hug, therefore I didn’t pull away.

“All of this is necessary for the cure....”, the woman finally spoke again, making the other Gladers looked at her confused and angry. Thomas got up from his place on the floor and glared viciously at the woman.

“We’re kids alright?! We’re don’t know what the hell is going on! We don’t want part in this okay?! We’re just kids!”, Thomas yelled, letting out all his fury on the woman looking stone-faced.

“Important kids”, the woman corrected. “You don’t yet understand. You’re doing the world a great deed, one that you do not know the importance of yet”.

The doors down a long hall suddenly slammed open, making everyone whip their heads in that direction. Several army suited people ran down the hall, all having masks on their faces to hide their identities. I pulled away from Minho and looked over at the woman, to see that she looked shocked and in the state of panic. Minho looked at the people confused, his hand still on my forearm.

One of the army suited people brought up their gun and fired at the woman, killing her immediately and she fell to the ground with three bullet holes in her chest. My eyes widened once again, seeing the small puddle of blood form around her.

“Come on, we gotta go now kids!”, one of the guys called out, before he grabbed hold of my arm and started to tug me down the hall. He had a deep voice, instructing to me that he was guy.

I felt the pain in my arm return from its small leave of absence, making me wince and cry out. Minho reached out grabbed my good arm, tugging me back with a glare.

“You shuckface! Can’t you see she’s injured?”, Minho spat, making the man  stop and let go of my arm.

“Then carry her, we don’t have time for this!”, the man said before he started to run off down the hall. The Gladers were beginning to follow, confused yet willing.

Minho reluctantly slipped his arm under my legs and one around my back, before lifting me up so he was carrying my bride-style. He started to jog after the suited people and the Gladers, while I wrapped my good arm around the back of his neck and gripped his shoulder.

Minho stepped outside, and the bright light and heat immediately hit us. No clouds were sighted in the sky and the Sun shone brightly, making me squint from its strong shine. The ground was cracked and dry, looking like it would collapse in matter of seconds. A bus was perched on the broken up rode, looking a little worn out but operational.