CHAPTER 10

After Dinner, Minho and Newt went to go find Alby to tell him what Minho said was private between them. Thomas, Chuck and I decided to head to bed. I bid goodbye to both Thomas and Chuck, before I made my way to the Homestead to have a well-deserved rest.

That was until a hand clamped down over my mouth, and a strong arm wrapped around my middle. I was pressed against a front of someone and dragged back from the Homestead. I tried to struggle and scream, but it was aimless since the person was so strong. I was dragged towards the Deadheads, where it was dark and frightening at night. I continued to struggle, trying to launch a punch at my capture, but the person had a firm grip and what seemed like invincible strength.

“You’ll be quiet if you know what’s good for ya’!”, the person hissed.

I was turned around and pressed against a tree. The hand came off of my mouth, and I was able to get a glimpse at the person’s face. I wasn’t able to recognise his face, but I had an idea of what he looked like.

“You have no idea how long I’ve wanted to do this”, the guys said before he crushed his lips on to mine.

I tried to push him away but he was too persistent. His arms went around my forearms, limiting me from moving them while his legs weaved through mine, stopping me from kicking or flailing. I clamped my lips shut and tried to pull my head back. Once I was able to for a split second, I screamed out the first name I could think of.

“MINHO! HELP!”.

I was silenced again when the guy’s hand came back down to my mouth, before I felt his other hand slip up my shirt and quickly make its way up to my bra. I whined and whimpered, struggling to get away from this monster.

I was freaking getting raped!

“GET OFF OF ME YOU CREEP!”, I bit down on the guy’s hand, making him yell out and pull it away from my mouth. I then kneed him in the groan, which made him double over and let go of me.

I took the chance and pushed him away, before going to run back to get help. I yelled out while doing so, saying every name I could think of in desperate need of help.  I was cut off when a hand grabbed my ankle and made me face plant into the ground, making me wince and groan. I was pulled back and dragged along the ground, until the guy got on top of me, pinning my hands down beside my head.

“Please stop, please”, I whimpered, feeling tears leak out my eyes in fright and panic.

“Oh no, we’re just gettin’ started girly”, he chuckled before I felt his hand start to unbutton my shorts.

“HEY! GET AWAY FROM HER!”.

Before I knew it, the guy was tackled off of me and I jumped up into a sitting position. I panted as choked on my own sobs, feeling helpless and violated. I looked over and saw that the guy was on the ground, with someone on top of him, punching the living daylights out of him.

“I should shuckin’ kill you for tryin’ to rape her! I should feed you to the Grievers so that I can watch you get ripped apart!”.

I then realised that my saviour was Minho, and seemed to be fuming with anger. Fist after fist he punched the guy, making his face become bloody and bruised. I wrapped my arms around myself, hugging my knees to my chest as I felt more sobs and tears come. My shirt was halfway up and revealed my stomach, exposing me to the cold night air. My shorts were still unbuttoned, as I could not find the emotional strength to button them back up.

“Minho! That’s enough!”, another voice called. I turned my head to see Alby, Newt, Gally and Thomas had turned up and were running towards us.

I didn’t pay attention to them as I stared at the ground, hoping for the events to disappear from my mind. Gally and Alby ran over to Minho, pulling him off of the Glader and pulled him to his feet. They grabbed a hold of his shirt and started to yank him back to the Glade area, where I hope he gets punished in some way.

“Floral, you okay?”, Thomas asked while crouching down in front of me, with Newt standing up behind him. I sniffled and shook my head truthfully, making the two frown deeply before Thomas slipped his arm under my legs and one around my back, hoisting me up off the ground. I let my head roll on to his shoulder, where I felt relatively safe.

“Hey Minho, can you carry here back to her room?”, Newt called out to Minho, who was still red from anger. He turned around and softened once he saw the state of me, before he nodded. Minho walked over and stood in front of Thomas, where they exchanged me into Minho’s arms where I wrapped my arms around the back of his neck, to burry my face into his shoulder.

“We’ll see you tomorrow kay?”, Thomas said to Minho and they soon walked off, where Gally and Alby soon passed by while dragging the Glader back to the Slammer. They casted me a worried glance, before disappearing with Newt and Thomas.

Minho was silent when he started walking back towards the Glade, but I didn’t mind. I don’t know how I’d reply if he did talk. We soon made it to the green area and he continued walking, carrying me carefully in his muscular arms. Minho pushed the Homestead door open with his foot, before shutting it and going up the stairs. He went down the hall and pushed my bedroom door open, walking over to the bed, taking off my shoes and lying me down. He tucked me under the covers, before he saw that my clothes had the look of someone who had been raped. Minho didn’t say anything while he pulled my shirt down to my waist, and buttoned up my shorts. He then put the covers down and was about to walk out, when I grabbed his arm making him stop and turn around.

“C-Can you stay with me? Please?”, I pleaded, not wanting to be alone for another minute. Minho’s face softened even more, before he took off his shoes and laid down beside me. He enclosed his arms around my small figure, hugging me to his chest.

“Thank you...”, I whispered before I wrapped my arms around his middle and buried my face into his chest.

“Shhh just sleep, I’ll protect you. I promise”, I heard reply before I closed my eyes, feeling much safer and securer.