CHAPTER 14

Now I haven’t read the book in a long time so I don’t really remember some of the lines. So I might have to use most of the lines from the movie cause I remember them better~

----------

Minho and I were woken up by Thomas, saying that the Gathering was being held already. Minho and I were ushered to the Gathering, immediately sitting me down in the middle of the surrounding chairs. The Keepers were all seated, with Newt taking Alby’s chair since he was still in bed. Newt had a notepad and pencil with him, before he called out for the Gathering to begin.

“In place of our leader Alby, who is sick in bed, I say for this Gatherin’ to begin!”, he had a slight annoyed look on his face for sounding so formal and serious.

“Voice your opinions while we’re goin’ round the circle. The Gatherin’ purpose is to decide what to do with our Greenie here, who ran into the Maze when she wasn’t a Runner. Zart the fart, you start”, Newt pointed at the Keeper of the Trackhoes, who earned a few chuckles from his nickname.

“Well”, he started while rubbing his hands on his shorts. Everyone knew Zart was much of a speaker. “I don’t think she did anythin’ that wasn’t necessary. Alby wouldn’t of survived without her. Sure she broke one of the rules, but it was for a reasonable cause”.

“Alright, writin’ her down-“.

“How the shuck can you say that?!”, Gally butted in while standing up from his seat. “We’ve had these rules for two years now, and the Greenie breaks one and gets to be let off the hook?! I say we-“.

“Gally!”, Newt yelled out, making him stop. “Wait your bloody turn! We each get a say and we didn’t ask for yours yet! So just sit the shuck down and stay quiet!”.

Gally grumbled before sitting down, glaring viciously at both Newt and I. I couldn’t help but feel nervous, glancing over at Minho who sat on my left at the end of the semi-circle. He caught my eyes and gave me a reassuring nod of encourage, before turning to look back at Newt.

“Winston?”, Newt said to the Keeper of the Slicers.

“I agree with Gally”, Oh I’m shucked. “She broke the rules and nearly got Minho, Alby and herself killed. I think she should be punished”.

“Writin’ her down”, Newt said, a slight tinge in his voice. I know that he didn’t want me to be punished, but he had to take opinions from the Gladers otherwise it wouldn’t be fair.

“Right, Frypan what do you think?”, Newt asked while looking at the Keeper of the Cooks.

“Personally, I think she should be shuckin’ rewarded for what Floral did! She saved Alby’s life! I don’t even know why we’re havin’ this meetin’ in the first place!”, he said in disbelief, making my heart slightly slow down in its beating. Thank god Frypan was one of my best friends here, otherwise I’m sure Gally would be winning by now.

“Okay”, Newt responded before writing down again. He then looked up and cringed slightly when he saw who was next. “Gally.... what do you think we should do”.