CHAPTER 7

It came around the Dinner time soon enough and the Runners came back from the Maze. I greeted Minho and he gave me a tired wave and smile, before he went to the Map room. I decided to wait for him at the kitchen, so I met up with Thomas and sat down at a table. Thomas hasn’t gone back into the Maze yet. He gets a week off because he was stung, so he’s been in the Glade for a while.

“So are you and Minho a thing now?”, Thomas suddenly asked, making me raise an eyebrow up at him.

“What? No”, I denied it.

“What?!”, Thomas yelled, making other Gladers turn around to us in confusion. I looked at them with an apology look, before turning back to Thomas who was still looking at me in shock.

“We’re not a ‘thing’ “, I did the quotation marks with my fingers.

“B-But Minho was going to ask you when I told you guys we’re a thing! Didn’t you accept it? You should of! You two would be the best-“.

 “The best what?”.

Both Thomas and I looked up and saw Minho was standing there, his hands on his hips and a questionable look on his face. His skin glistened with sweat and his shirt was sticking to his torso and chest, making it hard for me to look at his face. God I’m in way too deep aren’t I?

“Nothing”, Thomas replied, before looking back at me with a smirk. He obviously knew what was going through my head, which made me glare back at him.

“Are you guys gettin’ food or not?”, Minho asked, brushing off the earlier subject.

“Uh yeah, I was just gonna go look for Chuck first”, Thomas said while standing up from his seat. “You guys can go get some together. I’ll meet up with you later”.

Oh my god Thomas is being such a jerk right now! When I met him, he was quiet and socially awkward. Now he’s become something completely different. And I can’t say that I like it.

“Okay, see you later man”, Minho nodded at him and Thomas rushed off while winking at me. I have to remind myself to suffocate him tonight with my pillow.

“Come on Floral, or do we have to play fetch first?”, Minho joked with a smirk. I rolled my eyes and stood up from my seat, heading to Frypan without another word.

I got to the table and grabbed a plate full of steak and potatoes, before going back to the table and sitting down with my knife and fork. Minho sat down opposite me, eating silently while glancing up at me every so often. What’s he looking at? Do I have something on my face?

“Uuh Floral?”, Minho called and I looked up with a ‘hm?’ in response. “I wanted to ask you this earlier but I kept gettin’ shuckin’ interrupted. Soooo.... I was wonderin’ if you’d-“.

“Oh shuck!”.

A Glader who was holding his plate of food, tripped over right by our table and the food flew everywhere. Minho and I were hit by the food and I was the lucky one to get hit by the steak, which was freaking HOT by the way! We both jumped up from our seats and the Glader hit the floor with a loud thud.

“Geez that’s hot!”, I yelled out, while stupidly trying wipe off the hotness on my shirt. A big stain was now present, meaning my ONLY shirt is ruined. The whole kitchen went quiet as the Glader got up and started to apologize consistently. I tried my very best to assure him it’s alright but he didn’t seem to accept it.

“THAT’S IT!”.

Both the Glader and I turned and saw that Minho was boiling with anger. He looked at me dead in the eye, before standing up straight and started to speak loudly, letting the other Gladers all hear.

“I’ve been interrupted to many times for this and I’m seriously pissed off about it! So I’m gonna say it now so that no one can interrupt me!”, Minho said. “Floral, I like you. A shuckin’ lot. And I can’t take it anymore! Will you be my girlfriend?!”.

He..... likes me? All this time, he liked me as well? Holy freaking hell!

I swear that my heart stopped beating. The area remained silent as Minho finished, and everyone listened for my response with open ears. I even saw Gally had his weird eyebrows raised. I looked at Minho with shock and excitement, my face soon breaking into a smile.

“Yes”, I replied quietly, hoping that he heard my poor excuse for a reply.

Minho’s face softened and the boys erupted into cheers. I couldn’t stop smiling as Minho walked around the table, and wrapped his arms around my small frame, hugging me tightly. The boys all came over to us and started to pat Minho on the shoulder and cheer at me in congratulations. Minho and I pulled apart and I was immediately swarmed by boys.

“I told you he’d confess!”, Thomas yelled beside me, making me turn to him with my eyes narrowed.

“But Thomas, you were the one who tripped Louis-“.

Thomas smacked a hand over Chuck’s mouth, before plastering a fake smile on his face. Chuck started to flail around while whining, but Thomas continued to hold his fake smile.

Thomas, you are a cheeky little bugger.

---

That night, the congratulations speeches ended from the Gladers and everyone was sent off to bed. Newt gave me a pat on the back before he headed into the Homestead, along with Alby. Thomas smirked back at me before going to his sleeping back under the sleeping area, with Chuck following him.

Minho and I both went into the Homestead, going up the stairs and down the hall. We had been talking non-stop since the announcement, but he hasn’t changed from his usual sarcastic self. Which I appreciated.

“Well I guess I’ll see you tomorrow mornin’. You’ll see me off at the Maze right?”, Minho asked hopefully while we stood in front of our doors, which were conveniently side by side.

“Yeah, I will”, I replied and Minho broke out into another smile.

“Cool. Well... goodnight”, he said before he leaned in, and placed a soft kiss against my forehead. I felt tingles shoot out from the spot on my skin and I smiled at him.

“Goodnight”, I replied before opening my door and closing it behind me, and leaning against it with the widest smile I could muster.

Minho freaking kissed my forehead. I’m Minho’s girlfriend. My life has just flipped into something amazing.